foreword

hello

Before you begin, you must know that it's been quite a while since I started writing a book. Which means, I am severely out of practice. I am writing The Wrong Instinct because I need to continue my hobbies and not let go of them just because I am growing up.  I may not be the best author or storyteller but I owe it to my thirteen year old self to give it a try.

If you're wondering where this story will lead, trust me--I am wondering the same thing. I may have the basic outline of the story but I don't plan my entire plot beforehand (I can but I like the freedom this method gives me). Being a plotter restricts my flow and I eventually end up abandoning the project.

To those who are genuinely interested in the story, I will try to be consistent with the updates and I hope that those that stick around enjoy my little creation.

much love,
shravani.

warning

Reader's discretion advised. This book includes strong language, explicit scenes, depictions of death, abuse and drug use.

disclaimer

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, places, events, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictional manner. Any resemblance to actual person, living or dead, or actual incident is purely coincidental.

copyright

Cover Image by Unknown.

Cover design by Shravani Gharat.

Copyright © 2024 by Shravani Gharat.

All rights reserved.

This book or any portion and thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotes in a book review.

blurb

Alexa Bailey is a homicide detective who was shot in the line of duty. A year later, she is finally cleared to be on the field and has been on a streak ever since she has returned. But when a familiar name comes up in an ongoing investigation, she turns to an unexpected person--someone she arrested for second degree murder years ago.

Ty Archer is charming in his own kind of way. Bound to a cell for the rest of his life, the last thing he anticipated was to be needed by someone who had put him there in the first place.

With the sudden entertainment in his hand, she knows he holds the key to cracking her case wide open. He is not making it easy. But Alexa has been playing this game for a long time. She knows all of his moves.

Except one.

The one that makes him her partner.

cast moodboard

Alexa Bailey

the detective

Ty Archer

the criminal

images featured in the mood boards and cover do not belong to me in any way

images featured in the mood boards and cover do not belong to me in any way. they may be a subject to copyright.

playlist

no body, no crime | taylor swift

oh my god | alec benjamin

like real people do | hozier

lonely eyes | lauv

umbrella | ember island

must have been the wind | alex benjamin

achievements

Featured on Romance's "Serialised Spotlight" on 6th June 2024

Featured on Romance's "Romantic Suspense" on 7th June 2024