Chapter 1

The night was cool and still, as Evelyn Parker made her way through the dimly lit streets of the city. A sense of unease lingered in the air, something that sent shivers down her spine. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to go terribly wrong.

Earlier that evening, Evelyn had received a voice message from Sarah, her best friend since childhood. Sarah had sounded panicked and desperate, her words laced with fear and urgency. She had insisted on meeting Evelyn in person, claiming that she had something important to tell her.

As Evelyn approached their usual meeting spot—an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of town—a sense of dread settled in the pit of her stomach. The eerie silence of the night was broken only by the sound of her footsteps as she walked towards the only source of light nearby.

Evelyn's heart raced, the sound of its pounding filling her ears with each step she took forward. She reached the doorway and cautiously peeked inside, her thoughts spiraling into chaos.

Sarah's once vibrant eyes were now empty. Evelyn stared at the pool of blood splattered on the cold pavement. Her knees shook as she knelt down. A choked sob escaped her lips as she took in the horror in front of her. Her hand trembled as she stared at the lifeless body of her best friend lying at her feet.

No, this couldn't be happening. This was not Sarah Bennett, the girl adored by everyone, the one who stood by her side through every trial and triumph. Just yesterday, they strolled through the mall, laughter filling the air as they shared a day of joy.

Before she could process what fully happened, the sound of footsteps reached her ears. She understood the weight of the situation. She knew she had to get out of there before whoever had done this came to finish the job.

Evelyn ran, her mind racing with countless questions she couldn't answer. Who could've done this to Sarah?

As she disappeared into the darkness, Evelyn knew her life wouldn't be the same again.