III - Rumor Has It

Caitlin's POV

For the rest of the holidays, I tried to stay away from social media. The rumors of me transferring to Farm Fresh started to make noise and intensify. I have not shared the news yet with my teammates, especially with Thang and Isa. Tanging si Bea pa lang ang may alam sa team, dahil na rin hindi pa naman ako nakakapirma sa contract and pinag-iisipan ko pang mabuti.

But rumors always find their way no matter how I try to be very private. I was informed by some concerned supporters na pinag-uusapan na pala yung paglipat ko sa ibang team sa TikTok and X. Ni wala nga ako pinagsasabihan pa outside of my family and Bea, yet they dared to publicly announce it.

I have yet to tell Thang and Isa para sana hindi rin sila mabigla at hindi nila ma feel na tinatago ko ito sa kanila kaso wala, they found out about it because of the rumor.

I texted Isa and Thang that I am considering the offer from Farm Fresh. I have been with Choco Mucho for almost 4 years, and I have nothing but gratitude for my teammates and the management. I never thought that this current version would exist if it weren't for them. I have learned and gained a lot of valuable lessons and experiences that I will carry with me.

As much as I want to stay, because who wouldn't? My yearning for growth and to continuously strive for the best is bigger and stronger than my being comfortable in this team. Truth be told, for the past few months I feel like I have been stagnant and this is not anyone's fault. I just feel like I have reached my peak capability in this team and I want to challenge myself more.

Gusto kong sumagot sa mga nakikita ko na comments na pera pera lang daw ang dahilan kung bakit ako lilipat but I am not sure that they will understand — and it's completely okay if they don't. At the end of the day, I am a professional volleyball player and this is still part of my job.

We are having a heart-to-heart talk and I apologized that they were robbed of the chance to hear this first from me.

"Sino na ba may alam nito, darling?" Isa asked while trying to contain her cries.

"Malamang si Ate Bei alam na yan!" Thang interjected.

"Actually, si Bea pa nga lang and yung family ko may alam"

Isa and Thang fell silent and looked at each other.

"Sabi ko sa'yo eh! Imposibleng di alam ni Ate Bei!" Thang laughed, which made Isa laugh a little too.

"Sino ba naman kasi tayo diba para sabihan agad, buti pa yung bestie niya updated" Isa laughed while quoting the word bestie in the air.

"Kayo naman, sorry na talaga. We'll remain friends pa rin naman no. And syempre, it's Bea, she should know first"

Both of them exchanged meaningful gazes again, which made me a bit confused.

We continued to talk, jumping from one topic to another.

May kaunting tampo pa sa ngayon but I know that eventually, they will understand. After all, our friendship isn't just rooted in the fact that we are in the same team, it is way deeper than that.

Namumugto ang mga mata ko pagkatapos naming mag-usap na tatlo. It was hard especially because Isa is a crybaby! It pains me that I won't be able to see them every day, but I trust in our friendship. I trust that we will remain as friends.