BRAVE NEW WORLD

WOODS

Maya wakes up blocking the sun from her eyes. She looks around seeing her torn clothes around the woods, she looks down clutching the blanket around her naked body.

Maya: Oh God no.

She stands up and rushes through the woods running into the house.

Marissa and Lucas hears her running up the stairs.

Maya is in the bathroom and splashes water on her face, Marissa walks into the bathroom

Marissa: Maya? Honey, what's wrong?

Maya: I think I did something, Mom.

Marissa wraps her arms around her daughter who begins to cry into her mom's shoulder.

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH

Everyone is preparing for the Mystic Falls High School Carnival. Bonnie and Elena are taking care of everything.

Bonnie: Katherine looked just like you, it was freakish.

Elena: She is my ancestor. Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria.

Bonnie: Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you.

Elena: I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got.

Bonnie: How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?

Elena: I don't but I could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss.

Bonnie: So have you seen that blonde girl again?

Elena: Laura? No.

She clears her throat tucking her hair behind her ears

Bonnie: Wow

Elena: What?

Bonnie: You meet her one time and you already like her.

Elena: W-what? N-no I don't.

Bonnie: Lying's a sin, you know?

Elena: Bonnie, I just met her. I don't like her.

Bonnie: Uh huh keep telling yourself that. Have you talked to Maya?

Elena: Not really, why?

Bonnie: I found her at the Lockwood's, passed out on the floor.

Elena: Did she run into Katherine?

Bonnie: I don't know but she's not willing to talk to me or even look at me.

Elena: Just give her some time. She's going through a lot.

Jeremy, Stefan, and Adam are in the hallway in front of Jeremy's locker

Stefan: It's the same as the bracelet Elena gave you.

Jeremy: It protects me from compulsion.

Adam: Vervain is toxic to vampires.

Jeremy: Like poison?

Stefan: Yeah, it's very poisonous. It keeps them out of your head.

Jeremy: But why vervain?

Stefan: Don't know, certain natural herbs and roots and other elements are just harmful to vampires.

Jeremy: Like a stake to the heart?

Stefan: Right but it has to be wood.

Jeremy: You're pretty confident in yourself telling me all the different ways I could kill you.