010; outburst

LEAH

LEAH

Leah saw ghosts wherever she went. It was no secret to anyone who knew her, at least to the ones from before. And it wasn't just the brief glimpse of her mother she'd get every time she passed by a mirror -which was the reason why mirrors were strictly banned from her house- or the memory of her long lost brother every time the birds were unusually delighted and sang melodies that made her heart pang.

No, Leah saw ghosts. Shadows dancing on the corners of her eyes, whispers that did not exist. Her mind was haunted and she was the reason why. A labyrinth of mirrors reflecting fractured selves, where echoes of reality blur with illusions. A dark symphony, where dissonant notes of fear and confusion weave together in a haunting melody.

They were following her everywhere she went, a painful reminder of what she really was underneath her skin cage. She could feel their eyes on her all the time, their claws trying to get her. They were getting closer every breath she took -it had always been like this and the woman had the sickening feeling that it wasn't going to change.

Leah's head hurt like it had never done before. She felt ill, unable to peel herself off the bed. She wished that she could say that she didn't remember, that it was all a blur -but in reality, it was far from that. She remembered everything. And she hated herself for it.

Her throat felt raw, and so did her hands. She still hadn't gathered the strength to move a single bone, but she was pretty sure that her knuckles were busted. Her undoubtedly bloodshot eyes were fixed on the wooden wall, the blanket that had been thrown over her limiting her view.

She felt sick looking at the messly cleaned floor knowing damn well that it had previously been a chaos -a chaos she had made. She felt even more sick knowing who had cleaned up, a mix of anger, disgust, and shame washing over her every time her mind pondered on the eerie thought.

He had seen her like that. Someone had seen her go batshit crazy and out of all the assholes it had to be him.

Leah wanted to snap her own neck. She felt like she was being peeled open, denied of her shield made of skin and bad attitude, and seen as she was. She had never felt more naked and it made her feel sick in her guts.