Duty Calls

Invigorated, I donned fresh clothes and headed straight for the training room. I unleashed the pent-up energy, pushing myself through a rigorous regimen with each weapon in my arsenal. Muscles burned with satisfying exertion, a testament to my strength.

Emerging from the training room, I shed my workout gear, leaving the weapons to the capable hands of the maids. Back in my private quarters, I entrusted my skincare routine to their efficient touch. Refreshed and focused, I strode towards my office.

The sleek, modern decor of my office offered no surprise; the usual, towering stacks of paperwork awaited, the lifeblood of The Agnes Foundation's tireless efforts. 

The Agnes Foundation, also known as Agnes Enterprises or Agnes Corps, held a position of immense power. Not unlike Wayne Enterprises, it was a global force, its influence weaving through all corners of society.

The Agnes Foundation. A name whispered with reverence alongside giants like Wayne Enterprises. Founded by a brilliant prodigy at the tender age of just seven, The Agnes Foundation rose to prominence in a remarkably short time. 

Estelle, a pillar of unwavering support and discretion, became the public face of the organization. Meanwhile, a young mastermind worked tirelessly behind the scenes, orchestrating The Agnes Foundation's phenomenal growth. 

Within a year, it rivaled Wayne Enterprises in its impact. A year later, the truth was strategically revealed, solidifying The Agnes Foundation's position as a powerhouse for good, and leaving the world to marvel at the exceptional young mind behind it all.

That young mastermind was none other than me.

Undeterred by the sheer volume of work, I settled into my office chair, pen poised. Hours melted away as I navigated the complexities of the Foundation's projects. The clock chimed four, breaking the focused silence. A knock on the door jolted me back to the present.

"In," I called, keeping my eyes on the document before me.

The door creaked open, revealing a familiar face. It was Neo, a bright-eyed six-year-old with a shock of dark blue hair that mirrored his eyes. Unlike the Agnes name I bore, life for him wasn't one of inherited wealth. He was one of the maids' children, a vibrant spark within the confines of the mansion.

Within the Agnes estate, there was a dedicated annex for the staff. Unlike a typical servants' quarters, it resembled a five-star hotel. Some of the maids, like Neo's mother, couldn't afford childcare or preferred the convenience of the on-site facility. The estate allowed the children a certain freedom, their laughter and youthful energy a welcome contrast to the often-serious world I inhabited.

However, Neo was a special case. His mother had died in a car crash when he was young. So, Estelle adopted him. Since then, Neo stayed in the mansion. He wasn't lonely of course. He had the other children to play with him.

He was also one of the children responsible for sending the mansion on fire.

Others among the staff were college students, drawn by the competitive salary and comfortable living quarters. 

Regardless of their reasons for staying, each member of the staff contributes something unique. They bring a warmth and vibrancy that fills these halls with more than just the echoes of power. It's a reminder that within these walls, there's laughter, there's family, and there's a life richer than any business deal.

It was normal for any kid of the mansion to come inside and do what they want quietly. They are well aware of the responsibilities I have and how busy I am. So they simply just come in and go as they please without making much disturbance. Small talk and the little breaks I take in-between works are for other trivial things to take a break like taking a walk in the garden or playing with the children.