Series 1: episode 1

^𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐝^ 𝐒𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟎, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒 📍𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 _______________________

𝐒𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟎, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒 📍𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥
_______________________

I final made it to my first period class on time which was truly a blessing for me, all last year I never was here when the bell rung. I was either 30 minutes late or missed 1st period all together. My school is one of the few districts that go to all eight periods the whole week. Which is not that bad since that's all I've ever known. I sit down at my assigned seat and scroll on TikTok while I wait for class to start.

"Hello class i'm Miss. Harper and I'll be your English teacher for the this year. I'm so happy to teach y'all as this will be your last year of high school. I hope y'all had a great summer and are ready to get this year started. Also I just wanted to let you know, these seats are not permanent, they are just so I can get to know you." My teacher basically yelled, like miss girl I literally just woke up.

There was a knock at the door, and when Miss Harper went to open it, I wasn't expecting to see KJ on the other side. He handed her a tardy slip and found his seat. When we made eye contact, he smiled, and just like that, my childhood crush came rushing back.

It's been a year since I saw KJ. The night he left to live with his dad in Dallas, he kissed me. Which was totally unexpected because I thought my crush on him was one sided. That little kiss was the highlight of the summer for little ole sophomore me. But he's making senior me's poom poom tingle!

When he walks past my desk he runs his fingers through my hair like he did when we were kids.

"Alright class let's get started." Miss Harper says.
________________________

So's POV
August 10, 2024📍home
___________________

Mia and iris were both at my house while I picked out my clothes for tomorrow.

"So how was y'all's first day of school?" Mia asked.

"It was good, did y'all see who came back to school?" Iris asks wiggling her eyebrows at me. I knew she was going to bring him up. Sophomore year I could never stop talking about how much I liked KJ, and how I would kill to have his babies. But this year I'm not finna do too much, cause I don't want to have myself looking stupid.

"No, who?" Mia replies as I walk towards my closet.

"KJ, I saw him in the office this morning. Did you see him So?"

"Yea, I have first period with him." I say sticking out my tongue from the closet knowing they can't see me. I pick out my pink long sleeve top and my grey cargo pants and call it a day. I pull the two items and hang them on the rack. When I walk out the closet both Iris and Mia were wiggling their eyebrows at me this time.