Chapter One: The Day Before The Murder

Mahogany

      Stepping out of bed Mahogany looked at the clock which read 6:00. She desperately wanted to get back into bed but being an attorney doesn't let you sleep at all neither does it let you come home on time either.  Walking through the hallway Mahogany seen the picture of Darnell and her when they had their one year anniversary as a couple back when they were teenagers. Look at us she thought, so young and spontaneous, doing things their way and doing a heck of a good job at it. I never would have thought we both would be working in the same field and with a firm to call our own. We are the best in the big apple, New York, winning cases non-stop. I could say that I have the perfect life, perfect house, perfect car, and the perfect man, what more can I ask for. As on cue Darnell walked behind Mahogany wrapping his arms around her waist.

     " How is my beautiful wife on this fine early morning?" he asked with a husky voice that Mahogany loved.

    " Better now that I know you are still here and haven't left yet I wanted to see you before you went out of state for your case, I wish we had more time with each other before you left." I sighed.

     " But we do have a little more time left baby." Darnell whispered in my ear making me excited all over, after all these years he still had this affect on me since he first approached me asking me for the last piece of my hot wing. He slowly kissed down my neck and pulled up my night gown caressing my inner thigh.

      "Uh I um have to be at the office I hav-" not even being able to finish my sentence Darnell squeezed my thigh firmly causing me to moan in response.

     " You don't have to do anything, you have the day off from work so you have time for me." He said in a demanding tone.

      " Well in that cause what are we waiting on?" I said hurriedly wanting him to take care of the heat between my legs. With that we rushed into the room to fulfill our desires.

................................................................................................................................................

Mahogany

     Feeling cold as I searched for Darnell's arms I realized he wasn't there. Sitting up I was about to call his name but he walked in fully dressed with his suitcase in one hand and briefcase in the other.

      " Where are you going?" I questioned confusingly. He then looked up and gently smiled at me.

      " I'm about to take off to the airport remember my case out of state?" He said with raised eyebrows. I mean I was aware of that but was he just going to leave without telling me goodbye especially after all that love making we did which made up for the times of not being able to do that because of our irregular schedule.

      " At least let me take you to the airport, I pleaded while crawling towards him, let my face be the last thing you see before you broad that plane."

Feeling that he was going to say no I dropped the sheets that was hiding my naked body which was now visible to him, after staring at me which seemed like forever he gave in.

      " Fine you can take me, but first you better put on some clothes I'm only allowed to see you like that." He said pointing at me.

      " Yes master." I said with a devious grin on my face as I hurriedly took a quick shower.

     Now in the car it seemed to be a silence in the car as I drove to the airport. Glancing over at Darnell I noticed that he kept staring at his watch and checking his phone.

     "Baby what's wrong with you are you ok?" I asked him. Its like he didn't hear me he just continued staring at his phone. "Darnell!" I said a little louder causing him to look up in confusion.

     "Why are you yelling?" He asked.

     " Because I just called your name and you completely ignored me." I retorted when he seen the look on my face I can already see his head whirring up a lie.

     " You know I was just uh checking the time trying to make sure I don't miss my flight or anything you know I like being on time." He said with a fake smile on his face. I mentally rolled my eyes because he was lying, he is has to depend on me to make him speed up getting dressed or he would be late to work every morning. I didn't even bother responding because I didn't want to hear another lie because it would have got ugly real fast. The rest of the ride was silent as neither of us said a word, I was happy to pull up to the airport because the tension in the car was choking life out of me. Darnell looked at me and leaned in and kissed me lightly on the lips.

     " You know I'm going to miss you right?" He asked me with a smile. I nodded in response biting the inside of my cheek, I so desperately wanted to jump into his arms for some unknown reason so I reached over giving him the biggest tightest hug that I could releasing the breath that I didn't know I was holding. Finally I felt so much better as if the tension diminished into the air, I finally released him and smoothed out his suit.

     " Have a safe flight okay? And call when you land and when you make it to the hotel alright?" I told him sounding like his mother.

     " Alright mom I will." He said in a child like voice. He then got out the car grabbed his suitcases and briefcase and headed into the airport. Please turn around please turn I said to myself wanting to see his face just one last time, as if he read my mind he turned around, winked at me and mouthed that he loved me. I mouthed it back and then watched him disappear into the crowd, it seemed a bit odd because it was like I wasn't going to see him again, who knew that my conscience was right, that would be the last time I was seeing my husband. The last time I would see him alive.

Hey Guys! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, sorry if you expected more but its just the beginning so I didn't want to over do it. Also its my first book I've wrote so please don't be afraid to comment and vote!

-Danarriaa.