Rishabh Pant Officially Declared That He Is Fit For WicketKipper And Batter.

After suffering numerous injuries in a car accident on December 30, 2022, Pant has been cleared to play competitive cricket for the first time.

After undergoing a thorough rehabilitation, Pant, who will captain the Delhi Capitals once more, is prepared to take on both responsibilities starting on March 22. This puts an end to weeks of conjecture about Pant's precise position in the league.

Following a potentially fatal car accident on December 30, 2022, close to Roorkee, Uttarakhand, Rishabh Pant underwent a rigorous 14-month rehabilitation and recuperation program. As a result, the BCCI confirmed in a statement that Pant is now eligible to play as a wicket-keeper batter in the forthcoming IPL 2024.

 Pant said a few weeks ago in an interview with Star Sports that he had promised his doctor he would cut at least six months off his recuperation schedule

"I enquired about the duration of my recuperation from the physician. I informed him that while everyone is saying different things, you will be the one to explain things to me the best. It would take 16 to 18 months, according to him (the doctor). Pant told the official TV broadcasters of the Indian Premier League that he would cut six months off of whatever timeframe the doctor gave him.

Pant had severe injuries to his right knee in the collision, necessitating ligament repair surgery, in addition to fractures to his wrist and ankle. He has, however, recovered admirably.

"Amputation was a possibility if there was any nerve damage. In the Star Sports series "Believe: To Death & Back," which followed his recuperation, Pant stated, "That's when I felt scared."

He chuckled as he thought back to his damaged car, saying, "I had taken an SUV, but what I was seeing was a sedan."

Pant's final Indian performance came during the tour of Bangladesh in December 2022. He missed a number of high-profile competitions following the horrifying automobile accident, including the Asia Cup 2023, the 2023 ODI World Cup, the Border-Gavaskar Trophy at home, and the ICC World Test Championship Final.

Pant has posted a few videos from his rehabilitation workouts to social media as he moves closer to achieving complete fitness. David Warner, who captained the Delhi Capitals in his absence the previous season, will be replaced by the 26-year-old during the season.

against March 23, DC takes against Punjab Kings in Mohali to begin their IPL 2024 season.

Prasidh Krishna and Mohammed Shami, two fast bowlers, have been ruled out of the season.

Shami had surgery for his right heel issue last month. Currently, the medical team at BCCI is keeping an eye on him. Since the ODI World Cup final last year, Shami, who plays for the Gujarat Titans, has not participated in any competitive cricket matches.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) released a statement saying, "After undergoing an extensive 14-month rehab and recovery process, following a life-threatening road mishap... Rishabh Pant has now been declared fit."