Negligence Leads To Regret- Part 2🖤

"I am sorry Rhymee but I can't be seen with you anymore. I won't be talking with you here in school or outside the school but I'll make sure to keep contact with you through phone calls." Nischay said without even looking at her and straight-away went outside the classroom, leaving her all alone.

Rhymee could not believe what she had just heard. That one fear of her of somehow losing Nischay, her best friend and her everything came true. She wanted to stop him from leaving and ask him what was the matter that he made such a rushed decision but somehow, her words failed at thid juncture. She was left speechless and could not get the courage to hold his hand, preventing him from leaving and at the end, let him leave. Whenever she would share this fear and insecurity of hers with him, he would give her a reassuring smile, hold her hand and hug her gently, rubbing her back to comfort her and say in his gentle assuring tone, "Don't ever think of losing me, my sweetheart. I won't ever leave you. Even if everyone leaves your side or stops supporting you, you can always count on me to be there for you. I love you Rhymee and I myself can't live without you. Just don't leave my side ever. That's all I ask from you. I can't afford losing you."

Rhymee was remembering all the said words by him, thinking how could he change so much all of a sudden? Did he not even care about her and her feelings for once? How would she feel after saying this to her even if he had a clear idea that excluding him, Rhymee had not much friends or to be precise, no people whom she could consider as her friends? He was the one who had promised to be there for her at all times possible, to support her and be her supporting hero and now, suddenly, he left her side? Just because of what would other people think seeing them together? Why? Can't a girl and boy be best friends? Is it necessary for one to be girlfriend-boyfriend only? Nischay and Rhymee had a very special similarity between each other which was that both loved watching Abhyudaya and Gautami from Slayy Point and supported them immensely. If they could prove that a girl and a boy can be best friends, then why couldn't they?

All these questions were roaming around Rhymee's mind constantly and somehow, she could not control the flow of tears covering her eyes and although, she never allowed to cry in public and did nor prefer it, that day, she could not tolerate the pain of being abandoned and made to feel unvalued and insignificant due to which, as a result, tears gushed out of her eyes.

After that moment, Rhymee did not speak a word to anyone. During some classes after the recess got over, whenever she would turn around from facing the teacher and the blackboard to grab something from her backpack, she would notice Nischay looking at her but like other days, while she would gently smile looking back at him, this time, she did not show any emotion to him and turned back facing back, trying her hardest to control her tears.