Information about the AU...

In the world of Poppy Playtime, the Smiling Critters are a popular plush line of colorful animals created by Playtime Co. who are infamous for their giant smiles. Eventually, they got their own cartoon as well as becoming Playcare's main mascots due to their popularity and they were used as part of the Bigger Bodies Initiative, with CatNap being used for Home Sweet Home.

However something went wrong with production and the CatNap plush spilled out The Red Smoke instead of the preferred lavender, making majority of kids suffer violent nightmares. As a result of this, CatNap was recalled from the lineup and removed from any sort of promotional material, but kept in Home Sweet Home for unknown reasons. On August 8th, 1995, CatNap and their plush toys participated in The Hour of Joy, killing everyone within Playcare no matter if they were innocent or guilty and feasting on their bodies, leaving only the children alive as stated by Illegible Writing. However, the rest of the cast fought back against The Prototype's control, but were eventually killed off by either him or CatNap, with DogDay being the only survivor and kept tortured within the Playhouse's prison cells.

But what if there was an alternate universe where CatNap refused the Prototype's offer to join his cause in "Hour of Joy" and decided to get revenge on the people of Playtime Co. in a different way? 

Well, in this universe, he managed to convince his friends, the Smiling Critters to go ask for some help from a powerful shadow demon known as Darku, the Shadow Demon Lord of the Dark Zone that offered the Smiling Critters to become powerful demons as long as they devote their loyalty to the demon lord in order to achieve that kind of dark power.

Without hesitation, they all accepted his offer to serve the shadow demon lord, thus sealing the deal with Darku and they were all given special powers of the Dark Zone and became the dark and twisted versions of their former selves known as....

The Dark Creatures....

After they were all given such great, dark power from their benevolent ruler of the Dark Zone, they decided to use their powers to not only get back at Playtime Co., but decided to take over the world and hunt down every last human on the planet to turn them into Smiling Critters in order to create a perfect utopia where there is no such thing as pain or corruption.

When they eventually took over Playtime Co., they turned the whole toy factory as their base of operations as they used the machines and labs to turn the humans into their own kind while erasing every single part of their memories of their human lives and replacing them with fake ones of their new lives as Smiling Critters.

Not to mention that after they are transformed into Smiling Critters and lost all of their humanity as well as their memories, they made them all act loyal and obedient in order to make them follow and obey their every whim as the new leaders of the world.

One by one, the human population soon began to decrease overtime as the Dark Creatures created various machines and robots to hunt down every human they could find and transform them into loyal and obedient Smiling Critters to make the world a better place in the eyes of the Dark Creatures. 

However, one young boy named Y/n L/n (Kenneth Parker) had the courage and determination to stand up against the Dark Creatures and will do whatever he can to save the world before they wipe out all of humanity and take over the world.

Before the Apocalypse happened, Y/n lost his family at the hands of the Dark Creatures and Y/n vowed revenge on them and will do whatever it takes to get revenge on the evil toys for their evil actions. 

So, he armed himself with some weapons and a Grab-Pack that he found in the factory as he is about to put an end to the Smiling Critters Apocalypse once and for all before he'll eventually became a Smiling Critter like them.

However, the Dark Creatures soon learned more information about Y/n L/n (Kenneth Parker) as he was once an orphan at Home Sweet Home until he was adopted and they recognize the birth mark on the back of his right hand.

So they planned to capture him and turn him into a Dark Creature like them to join their cause and rule the world together, until Y/n (Kenneth) got some help from the other toys like Huggy Wuggy, Kissy Missy, Mommy Long Legs, and their leader of the Resistance team, Poppy Playtime herself.

They managed to gather enough humans to form a resistance team to take down the Dark Creatures and save the world as they recruited Y/n (Kenneth) into the resistance team and he trained his body to his limit in order to take out the Dark Creatures one by one before taking on their leader, CatNap aka the Sleep Demon for the fate of humanity.

Our hero has only one thing in his mind and that is....

VENGEANCE! 

This AU is inspired by the Smiling Critters and Bloody Bunny: The First Blood.