491-495

Chapter 491 Making Ice from Saltpeter

Tang Mingrui knew very well that the Mo family's corn seeds would be sold to the government, and he would only have one year to create high profits.

Although corn tortillas are delicious, it is obvious that dishes made with fresh corn are not as profitable.

He looked at He Zhiran: "Sister-in-law Jiu, is there any way to keep the corn fresh?"

In Tang Mingrui's impression, Sister-in-law Jiu was not only smart but also knowledgeable. Maybe she could think of a good way to keep corn fresh.

When asked by Tang Mingrui, the first thing He Zhiran thought of was that fresh corn could be frozen.

The only way to freeze food during this season is to make ice.

It is no secret that people used saltpeter to make ice in previous lives. Many children did this in their experimental classes.

"Fresh corn can be stored frozen."

Tang Mingrui...

Sister-in-law Jiu, what you said is the same as what you didn't say.

Although the weather is not as hot as summer, where can we get ice?

"If I had known this, I would have asked someone to store some ice cubes last winter, but I'm afraid it won't be possible now." Tang Mingrui was obviously a little discouraged.

In his opinion, all the ice cubes used by people in summer are reserved in winter.

The temperature in many caves is extremely low, and people store ice in such caves in winter.

Not to mention that such a cold cave is not easy to find, but moving ice is also a huge project. Many wealthy families hire a large number of workers to carry out it.

That's not all. Although it is cold inside the cave, it is not as low as the temperature in winter. Putting ice cubes inside can only slow down the melting rate.

When ice is used in the summer, half of the ice cubes that were originally stored are good after removing the part that melts naturally.

Therefore, ice in Dashun in summer is very precious and few people can afford it.

He Zhiran took in Tang Mingrui's disappointed expression.

She smiled and said: "Brother Tang, you don't have to worry about ice. You only need to be responsible for finding a bigger place. The bigger the room, the better. It will be enough to store the fresh corn you eat."

Tang Mingrui was told that he was confused. It would be no problem to find a bigger place. The yard he bought at home was very large, and there were many free rooms.

He just didn't understand what Sister-in-law Jiu was going to do. If he took her literally, Sister-in-law Jiu could get ice cubes.

"Sister-in-law Jiu, what do you mean?"

"It's just what you think, I can get ice cubes." He Zhiran was not serious, but her tone gave people an unquestionable feeling.

Tang Mingrui was even more willing to believe it for no reason, so he stood up.

"Okay, I'll go back and arrange a larger room."

With that said, he was about to leave, but was stopped by He Zhiran.

"Brother Tang, don't worry. I can make the ice cubes in three days. The empty room you prepared must be sealed with mud. Except for the door, it must be airtight. Only in this way can the ice cubes be placed It's not easy to melt inside."