chapter fourteen

Nikolette's POV

I hated that Donna had to leave so early, but I understood why. After watching her leave, Aaron and I step back into the house. It looked as if a hurricane had come through. Being careful not to step on any broken glass, I make my way to the kitchen.

"Boss," Wade says, coming up behind us

"Yes," Aaron asked

"Jason just came out of surgery, sir," he says

I trun to him. "What happened?" I asked

"They used Jason to get to you," Aaron tells me

"Why would they do that?" I ask

"They don't care, Kole," he says

"Are we going to see Jason?" I ask

"Yes, we'll go up there,"

I nod. "Thank you, Wade," he says. He turns his attention to me, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I tell him, but my tears say differently

He pulls me into his arms. "I'm sorry," he says, "I'm sorry I put you in the middle of this."

"Why are they after me?" I ask

"Because they think by taking you, they can weaken me," he says. I look up at him. "Don't worry, I'm not going to let them take you."

His lips brush against mine, and I feel my body wake. "We should go check on Jason," I tell him

He smiles "Ok but when we return," he says in a whisper. "I'm going to burry myself so deep inside of you. I'll make you forget all this, " he says

I shudder at his promise. Leaning down his lips, clam mine before he let's go.

On our way to the hospital, he calls his father and makes sure he's alright. I hear as they argue over security. Aaron wants to send more out to watch over Mr. Starvroce while Mr. Starvroce refused the offer. It was back and forth for a while until Aaron told his father he would either put him in an old folks home or let him put more security out at his house. I believe Aaron won this round when he got off the phone. He smiles at me as we pull into the hospital.

"You wouldn't really put your dad in one of them homes, would you?" I ask as we get out

"To keep him safe, yes."

I look up at him as he places a hand on my back, leading me into the hospital. I never liked being in hospitals. Don't know many that did. They smell like a mixture of alcohol and ammonium. With a hit of bleach and cotton. They always have this heavy feeling of dread to them, like some just passed away or are about to pass away. I kept looking to see a dead person walking down the long white halls. All guest doors were closed off at this hour.

We come to a stop in front of a huge white desk. Three nurses sit there all in blue scrubs.

"We're here to see Jason Martin," Aaron tells one of them

"They just put him in room 432" she tells us

"Thank you," Aaron says

He guides me back that way. When we get there, a man about medium build stands in front of the room. His hair is a deep brown color, and his eyes focus in front of him.

"Boss," he adress Aaron

"Dean, how are things?" Aaron asked

"Pretty smooth so far," Dean tells him

"Take a brake, I'll be here for a while,"

"Thank you, sir," he says and starts away

We enter the room, and a beeping nosie starts. Jason lays in the hospital and is trying to remove the IV from his hand.