Outer Descent/10. Thank You

Name: Zero

Age: 19

Classification: Human, Servant, Threat to Humanity, Evil of Man

Normal speech: Like this

Whispers/Muttering: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Serious tone/Shouting: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

Text messages received/sent: [Like this]

——————————————

Zero: HmmmMMMmmmMmmmmm~.

Sakura:....

Sakura moved with haste, a nervous drop of sweat rolling down her forehead. When it came to this sort of thing... Cooking, Zero became highly critical and observant.

He had been paying close attention to how she was doing, and, fortunately for her, there was nothing amiss. He nodded his head before resuming what he was doing.

He started cutting some sardines swiftly, although absentmindedly.

His eyes were staring straight ahead into space, but his hands moved as though he was still looking at what he was doing.

Usually one would have to question to safety of this action, considering he was handling a rather sharp knife. But...

*Chop*

*Chop*

*Chop*

*Chop*

*Slide*

He just kept cutting, without making a single error.

Sakura: Wow... Senpai... Where did you learn to cut things like that, you aren't even looking at the sardines...

Zero: ...? I'm always looking, Sakura.

Sakura: Eh?... But you were staring straight ahead...

Zero: Was I?... Huh. Didn't realise. I have eyes everywhere so I suppose I was using those without realising it.

Sakura:.... O...Kay?...

He said nonsensical things like that frequently, even she had learned that it was best to tune that stuff out, so that's what she opted to do.

Sakura: Who is it that taught you to cook, Senpai?

Zero: Who taught me?... Well... Uh... In the distant past, I had two teachers. I used to know two people who could make food that looked good, and after that experience I never wanted to taste shitty food ever again. I did a little bit of self teaching, but I could never really get into it. The two teachers I mentioned... After tasting something one of them whipped up, it encouraged me to actually try and well, here I am today.

Sakura: I'm wondering... Senpai... You and Belfast-san... Had... Natsuki-chan together... But... You're a servant... Did you... Die ten years ago?

Zero: Don't tell anyone, but, I'm alive. I always have been.

Sakura: You... Are? You aren't a heroic spirit? But then...

Zero: Tidbit. Heroic Spirits are servants, but not all servants are heroic spirits. You can be a servant while also being a living breathing human. Hell ten years ago, there was a Rider who could summon his army from when he was alive as heroic spirits, however those heroic spirits aren't servants, as they weren't fit into a class container and only exist within that Reality Mar— Nevermind, it's probably too complicated, and I'm rambling.