𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

Konoha.
That's where everything began.

A light breeze brushed past Emiko as her tiny feet carried her through the busy stalls, where aromas of different goods wafted through the air. Today, the 3rd stage of the chunin exams were happening, and she had to get front seats to see the fights! Maybe one day, she'd be a part of them too.

After a joyful day of spectating the fights, the 7 year old noticed the sky thundering. It seemed as if the pretty blue sky sank into a dark abyss as lightning started crashing down. The rumbling of thunder and icy wind made Emiko shudder. She should get home...and quick!

Splish. Splash. Dashing through the streets, the puddles caused a mess, but that was the least of her concerns. Her main focus was to get home without catching a cold.

Emiko entered her small apartment- rather, a flat. The 7 year old lived alone, since her parents had disappeared a little while after she was born, for unknown reasons. The old man- also known as the 'Third Hokage' always managed to dodge her questions. When would she find out about her parents' disappearance?

Anyway, what could the poor 7 year old do about it? Clearly, her persistence got her nowhere at all.

🎀

The next day came about as the sun shone through her window. Emiko groaned, sighing as she forced herself to wake up. The girl yawned and stretched before changing herself into her clothes. After eating breakfast, she skipped away.

With a cheerful smile on her face, she made her way to 'The Academy' where she studied to be a shinobi. After graduating, surely she'd pass the Chunin Exams and fulfill her dreams- to locate her parents and investigate their disappearance, of course!

The moment she set foot inside the classroom, she noticed everyone was a little off. Curious and confused, she shuffled inside and listened in on a few conversations.

"Guess what?" A blonde girl whispered, to her pink haired friend. "What happened, Ino?" She replied. 'Ino' said, "Sasuke's family, the one in front...his clan was killed!"

Emiko turned around and looked at them, with a flabbergasted stare. Was she joking? That poor guy. What was his name again..Sasuke? His whole clan murdered?! He was just 7 like her. Her heart hurt for him, since she knew how losing one's family felt like, but her sympathy did not last for very long.

During the day, especially during recess, Emiko noticed how everyone seemed to love crowding around him and constantly asked about how he was. Why did they never ask Emiko? Why did they not ask her about how she felt? Was she forgotten by everyone already?

No. Not at all. She was never really acknowledged in the first place, except by Iruka Sensei. Her parents weren't with her anymore either, so why on Earth was this 'Sasuke' guy getting all the attention?! That sympathy she felt earlier was replaced by envy and jealousy.

🎀

While walking home from school, Emiko had a gloomy expression on her face. Her feet dragged while she passed the small wooden deck, surrounded by water below her. She noticed that there was someone sitting on it, while she looked down from her position on the hill.

Oh, it was 'Sasuke'...'Sasuke Uchiha' apparently. Emiko frowned while looking at him from a distance, still annoyed that he hogged everyone's attention. He wasn't the only one with no parents!

However, Emiko realised he looked genuinely sad. She observed him, narrowing her eyes as she realised he was crying. Her stare softened a bit as Emiko looked back down, her gaze now
on the ground. Okay, maybe he deserved a little more pity.

Note: I hope this prologue gave
enough background. I clearly don't understand how to write from a 7 year old's perspective, but I tried..💀