𝙱𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚂𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

"I still haven't forgiven you, you know." Lily said, as I flipped the pancakes in the pan and dished them out, drizzling them with maple syrup and decorating them with a small piece of butter and some raspberries.

"Sure, sure, keep telling yourself that."

"Never do that again, though, you hear me?"

"Of course, I wouldn't want my wife to worry too much for me, hmm?"

"You're not that precious."

"Oh, I know. I'm just precious enough for my wife to have a panic attack when I simply don't return her calls."

"You know you were wrong."

"When did I say I was right?"

"I'm only talking to you because those pancakes look really good."

"So you're admitting my pancakes are better than yours?"

"Nope, not at all."

"Make yourself some, then. I'll eat these instead."

And as I cut into the pancakes with a fork, and brought it to my mouth, Lily gripped my wrist and I laughed.

"If you want these, you'll have to say 'I forgive you'."

"Never."

"Alrighty."

I brought the fork to my mouth again and her eyes widened. She was obviously frustrated. And I loved seeing her flustered like that. Her blue eyes darted between the pancakes and me, and I just stood there, teasing her.

"Fine, I forgive you." she muttered. I put the pancakes back on the table, and she picked them up, walking off to the table.

"In your dreams." she said loudly before sitting down and I grinned. This woman will be the end of me. I took some eggs out of the fridge and began making a quick omelette for myself, adding in lots of cheese. After mixing it all up, I poured the mixture into the frying pan and let it spread.

"On a side-note, where were you last night?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"When I came, Emerson was in bed and you came in later, dressed like you'd gone out."

"Oh, I was at Alyssa's."

"Wasn't Emmy with you?"

"She obviously was. I'd forgotten my phone in the car, that's why I came in later."

"Why didn't I see you in the garage?"

"Would you stop interrogating me?" 

"I'm not interrogating you, I was just concerned. Like you were."

"For God's sake, Atlas, what are you trying to imply?"

"Nothing. What are you trying to imply?"

"You know what? Here." 

She got up abruptly, and half-slammed her plate onto the kitchen counter, before marching into our room. I just stood there gaping. What had happened? I mean, one moment, we were just having a laugh, and the other, she was taking my words the wrong way. I didn't even ask her anything wrong, did I? The pancakes were barely touched, and I just put them aside, plating my omelette and garnishing it, before toasting some bread, taking out a bottle of cold water and sitting down at the table.

"Hey, is everything alright?" I heard someone say, and turned around to see Josh eyeing me from the doorway of his room.

"Did you see all that?"