𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ᅳ 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦

With her heart pounding heavily and her palms sweating, Sage pushed the handle of the shop door down and was greeted by the smell of disinfectant as she spotted Happy cleaning the tattoo loungers like he did every morning before they opened upᅳ an...

With her heart pounding heavily and her palms sweating, Sage pushed the handle of the shop door down and was greeted by the smell of disinfectant as she spotted Happy cleaning the tattoo loungers like he did every morning before they opened upᅳ and of course again after each customer.

The couple found it extremely important to ensure that everything was sterile and clean so that there was virtually no risk of anyone getting an infection. They absolutely couldn't afford to close their store. In addition, the store was, so to speak, their second baby that they founded together.

Besides Violet and the club, the shop, Lowman's Art & Tattoo shop, was at the top of their priorities. The tattoo area was right at the front of the shop after you walked through the door and had to pass a small counter. Since Happy was tattooing alone, there was only a lounger and a chair, in the middle of the room was a small chair that Happy could roll around with.

All his equipment was stored in a large cupboard that was easily accessible and Happy had everything quickly at hand when he needed it. Tattoo machines, colors, foil, tissues and bottles full of disinfectant. On top of the cupboard, next to a plant in a black pot, was a large folder with Happy's own designs that customers could look at if they wanted a tattoo but didn't know what they actually wanted.

Sage had also gotten a few tattoos over the last year, but rather small, tentative tattoos on her joints or under her ribsᅳ her favorite places for new tattoos. All done by Happy, of course.

Then a large arch led over into Sage's area. One half of the huge room was used for her finished paintings, which hung on the wall or stood on easels, with a few large plants here and there in between to make the room look even more inviting. The other side served as her workplace.

A large table with countless tubes of paint placed next to each other, blank canvases stacked under the table in all possible sizes, and a small, gold lamp stood in the corner on the table in case it would take her until the evening hours to finish a painting.

Her heels clicked against the white, large tiles that spread through both rooms as she walked towards Happy, who took off his rubber gloves and threw them in the trash before taking the last few steps towards his wife when he sensed that she wanted to talk about something.

"Hey, you okay?", he asked with a croak as he slid his arm around her waist and pressed a kiss to her lips. "Violet's with Ima?"

"Yeah, Ima's gonna drop her off here later because she still has an appointment", she said after stealing another kiss from his lips. Uncertainty flickered in her green eyes as she looked up at him. "We need to talk, now. When do you have your first customer?"

"Only in half an hour", he let her know, a little tense as he led her to the black two-seater in front of one of the floor-length windows. "What's wrong, little girl?"

"I know we wanted to wait a little longer", she began as she sat down, turning her body towards him as he sat down next to her, his forearms resting on his knees.