304 10 20

He missed them.

He missed them so much.

Every single day that passed without his eyes landing upon their figure hurt, hurt so much. Why did they have to do that? He knew he couldn't blame himself, but he did. He was unhealthy ever since they died. Recalling the bloody moments, a shiver ran down his spine, or rather, his shell.

"I don't want to die," they plead, some droplets of blood visible on their lips and chin, dribbling down. "I'm scared."

He clung to their hand, watching as their skin got paler, yellow rose plants with bits of purple hyacinth petals. The last bit they threw up was bloody, a fully grown rose, horns tarnished with their blood alongside small hyacinths around it.

"I love you," they mumbled, their grasp loosening.

"I'm sorry," he said, his grip tightening.

They coughed once again, throwing up fully bloomed roses and hyacinths, the yellow and the purple being stained by the blood.

They held onto the flowers, with the ones they had thrown up previously making a little bouquet as they handed them over to him.

"Don't forget me, please," they plead as he nods, doing anything he can do to keep them here longer.

"I'm sorry," he sniffled, hugging them. "Don't leave me, please, you're too important."

"I didn't want to forget."

They slumped against him, the darkness of the room fading.

He felt as they buried their forehead in his good shoulder, ever so faintly hugging him. They were fading.

He hugged them close, trying to keep their paling, cold body warm as long as he could. He looked down at their face, their half-lidded eyes. "It's not your fault," he heard, their lips moving slightly.

He stared at them for what felt like forever, slowly setting them down as they stopped breathing. Their mouth was ajar, a big, yellow rose between their lips as a few smaller purple hyacinths sprawled out around them.

They had died.

They had died loving him.

He was angry, at himself, at the world, the Kraang, whatever he could blame other than them. Yes, he didn't reciprocate their feelings, but they died so young. If they hadn't been in so love with him, maybe they could've lived. If he didn't exist, they could be alive. If...

A door slowly opened, soft yellow light spilling in from the cold hallways outside. "Leo," a voice mumbled, leaning against the doorframe.

"I'm sorry..."

There was a hand placed on his shoulder, a turtle in purple behind him. "It's not your fault."

"I got you Sensei, stay with me." He suddenly opened his eyes, glancing down to see blood on his plastron, his arm wrapped around Casey Jr. as they ran up some hill. "You're a lifesaver, Casey Jones," he said with a grin.

"I learned from the best. Come on, we're almost there."

Mikey was also nearby, Kraang attacking from almost all sides. It was over, they were going to lose. "Bad doggies!"

His vision was blurring, was it the blood loss? He said something, not knowing what. "Help him, Michelangelo, he's hurt bad!"

"Mikey," he pleads, reaching out for his brother, getting caught by him. "We need a time gateway." Mikey let go of him, moving away with a hum. He could barely see, but at least he could hear. "Wait, what's going on? Where's he going?"

"Casey, listen." He held up the old, barely-together picture as he turned it around and drew an object on it. "The Kraang first came to our planet through a mystic doorway, the key that opened the door looks like this," he gave the picture to him, internally struggling.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because Mikey's about to send you back in time to the day the key was stolen."

"Wait, he's gonna what?"

He was losing his ability to hear as well, why was it taking so long? Was he dying? If that's the case, it should've been faster... his heart rate was too fast, his hands shaky and sweaty. Tears pricked at his eyes, but he wasn't about to give in to the building feeling in his gut. He was talking, but he could barely hear himself or the others.

He could see Mikey finally open the gateway, fading away into dust. He closed his eyes, heartbroken. He could see Kraang around them, not wanting to waste time, he said something and threw Casey into the gateway. He had to hold them back but felt a sudden tug on his right arm as he lost balance and went the way he pushed Casey.

He didn't know what was happening, it was terrifying, he wished he could at least see.

"Sensei!"

He opened his eyes to a blurry Casey, his vision slowly getting better as they ran off somewhere.

"Why would you do that?!" He finally opened his eyes to a teary-eyed Casey, bright lights in the background as he struggled to focus. "I'm.. sorry? I had to."

He felt a sudden weight in front of him, slowly hugging him back.

"Where are we?"

"In New York. How.. how are we going to find the key?" Casey answered, pulling back and looking off in the distance, at all the buildings and lights. "The team," he mumbled. "They're alive! They're still alive! We can find them! Sensei, do you know the way?!"

Too many words at once, he slowly nodded, "Depends on the street, but probably."

"Then let's find them!"