foreword

T I T L ECome a Little Closer

+  +  +

E X T E N D E D  S U M M A R Y

For a person, their parents splitting is a big thing. Especially when they're at the peak of adolescence—where they feel everything and when they go through the most turmoil.

Tara Thakur is the youngest in the Thakur clan. She is loved and adored by her family, and she thought she was just as much loved by her parents. But her belief gets shattered when she learns her father wanted nothing to do with either her or her sister after the divorce.

A new life awaits her after her mother gets the custody. It is not always easy to get accustomed to new environments, not when a hot neighbor decides to make it harder than it is. Said neighbor also happens to be her best friend's friend and her classmate.

Just as everything starts to settle, Tara's new life gets disrupted—by a formal invite to her father's wedding.

And when she breaks down, with all that she's locked up inside her for the past few years, a hand reaches out. Her neighbor comforts her till she lets down her guard and bares herself to him.

Tara has never felt so wanted, so cared for, and so loved in her entire life. And she is scared at the thought of ruining it all. Scared that she will do something and break everyone's hearts. Damage the relationships she's built in this one year.

So now it comes down to her decision—will she take the risk and do what her heart wants or will she shove it all away, listening to her head?

+  +  +

D E D I C A T I O N

D E D I C A T I O N

to those who cry in the dark and play goof in the crowd, your emotions are what make you strong. this one's for you.