♧--Prologue--♧

♧--Reader's Pov--♧

I sat on the swing. Moving my body back and forth slowly with my legs. Stuck in my head. I'm moving to Forks tomorrow with my cousin Bella. Staying with her dad, my uncle, Charlie. I'm kinda glad to leave Arizona. The heat is something I will not miss. I think this will be a good move for me. A new start where no one knows who the hell I am. Leaving this shitty desert behind.

The only part I'm gonna hate about it is the fact that I have to keep hiding my tail. I'm tired of always hiding it. It feels so stiff always around my waist. I can't even have it out at home. Bella doesn't know about it. And I don't want a big deal to be made out of it.

I sometimes think about how I ended up having a tail. Did my mother have one?.. Did my father? I'll never know, she is long gone and so is my father. My mother, she abandoned me on my uncle Charlie's and aunt Renee's porch and disappeared into the night. I was only a few months old, and Bella was due in a few weeks.

I looked around to catch any prying eyes. Not finding any, I unwrapped my tail from my waist and stretched that shit out. Sighing in relief, my stiff tail flicked around. I watched as it swayed back and forth.

My last night in Arizona. An end of a boring chapter and a start of a new boring chapter. At least there will be rain.

♧--End of prologue--♧