| Devansh's Unpredictable Behavior |

Please Vote then Read!

PARINIDHI

I stood by the pole, feeling like a statue amidst the swirling activity around me. Some girls were dancing on the pole, while others moved among the tables, sitting on men's laps and serving drinks. As I looked around, my eyes landed on Devansh.

Just as our gazes met, he pulled the girl serving drinks onto his lap and drew her closer, his hand gripping her chin and guiding her towards his lips.

Despite my reluctance, I instinctively shut my eyes, unable to bear the sight of Devansh with someone else. Even though I didn't want to admit it, seeing him with another woman stirred something inside me and I remained standing there with my eyes tightly shut.

A shiver ran down my spine as I sensed a hand near my feet. The person who'd touched me earlier, now he came back with his friends, reaching for my foot once more. Disgust washed over me, and I tried to pull away, but his grip was firm.

Tears streamed down my face as I pleaded with Devansh, "Please, Devansh, you have to save me. I need to go home. Don't let them do this to me." My voice echoed in the dimly lit room, but Devansh remained seated, his expression hardened, his jaw clenched tight.

"Devansh, please!" I cried out again, desperation lacing my words. But he didn't move, his eyes fixed on the unfolding scene with an unsettling calmness.

"Dev, please help me!" I cried out one last time, my voice hoarse with despair.

In a moment of desperation, I glanced at Devansh, hoping against hope for a glimmer of compassion in his eyes. For a fleeting instant, I thought I saw it—a flicker of possessiveness—but it vanished as quickly as it had appeared.

Suddenly, Devansh sprang into action, pushing the girl off his lap with a swift motion. With determined strides, he closed the distance between us and sent the man stumbling backwards, away from me. Relief flooded through me as Devansh stood by my side, a silent yet reassuring presence in the midst of chaos.

The last thing I remember is the fatigue and drowsiness overtaking me, my eyes shutting slowly. But just as I was about to collapse, one thing stopped me—the rope tied around my hands, securing me to the pole.

Suddenly, someone untied the rope, and I was on the verge of falling when Devansh caught me.

He helped me stand and wrapped his coat around my waist. I managed to say, "Dev...," but he lifted me onto his shoulders and headed towards the exit.

I was already feeling dizzy, and being carried upside down on Devansh's shoulders made my eyes close even tighter. As soon as he gently placed me on the car seat, I completely lost consciousness.

***

"Ajit, don't push your luck too far. You might end up regretting it," I said jokingly as Ajit tried to nibble on my earlobe.

With a mock pout, Ajit leaned in closer, his eyes twinkling mischievously. "So, can't I steal a kiss from my own girlfriend now?" he countered, inching towards me with a playful grin.

Anticipating his move, I swiftly shoved laddoo in  his mouth. "Save your kisses for later, after we tie the knot," I quipped, closing the ladoo box and tucking it away in the suitcase.

With a chuckle, I continued packing, ensuring Ajit's belongings were neatly stowed away. "Your bags are all set, Ajit. Let me know if you need anything else. But please, no late-night calls to bother me," I teased, sealing the suitcase with a final click.

Ajit wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. "Seems like you're in a hurry to send me off," he remarked, a playful glint in his eyes.

Placing my hand on his shoulder, I looked up at him with a gentle smile. "This training is crucial, Ajit. And with your recent promotion, it's time to buckle down and show your commitment," I replied, my tone serious yet encouraging.

"Do you remember your promise?" he asked, his gaze piercing yet tender.

I bit my inner cheek to suppress my laughter and said, "Which promise?"

Ajit continued to look at me, not saying anything, a hint of sadness creeping onto his face. I quickly kissed his cheek, making his eyes light up, and a smile spread across his face. In a serious yet gentle tone, I said, "Ajit, I remember my promise.  Once you return from your training, we'll get married."

Ajit leaned forward, kissing my forehead, and said, "I love you, Pari. I can't wait for the day when we'll be united as one."

"Ajit....

The water drenched my body with such force that I snapped awake. As I quickly looked around the room and realised that it belonged to Devansh. Hastily, I got up from the bed, and as I turned, I saw Devansh angrily throwing a bucket to the ground.

Turning to face him, I said, "I don't know how I got here. I can't remember anything. I didn't come here by choice," I blurted out in one breath, feeling the urgency to explain.

As I realised I was in a room where I wasn't supposed to be without permission, panic surged through me.

"Out," Devansh's voice boomed, shaking me to my core with its intensity.

I moved swiftly towards the door, my gaze fell upon my damp clothes, reminding me of the chaotic events of the previous night. Questions flooded my mind—when did I change into these night clothes, and more importantly, who had changed them? Lost in thought, I was about to step out of the room when Devansh's voice interrupted my train of thought, causing my heart to skipped a beat and my eyes to widened.

"Who is Ajit?"

—————————————————————————

How was the chapter?