Introduction

A small figure was kneeling on the ground, suppressing her whines and sniffles. Curled up in the rain, she felt her body tremble, the rain soaking her clothes and hair. She felt like her whole body was sucking up the moisture, not ever being able to dry up again.

She had a metallic taste in her mouth, probably blood mixing with the rain and diluting in the process.

She brushed her face with the back of her hand, watching how it got smeared with blood, giving up on cleaning her face.

'I have nowhere to go... Nowhere... what should I do... what should I do?!' her thoughts were filled with despair. She felt herself hyperventilating, carefully opening her mouth and taking in the cold night air.

Then she stood up slowly, shaking wild while doing so. She could feel her head throbbing in pain and her sight was blurry. Barely, she made out the outlining of the stairs and the high trees surrounding her.

She started stumbling down the the overgrown path. There were countless stairs and also, she struggled to get down without tripping over vines or roots, that grew all over on the floor. Moss was squeaking underneath and the roots creaking every time, she accidentally stepped foot on them.

At one point, she stopped to catch her breath and turned around to face her home the last time.

It was a big building, a really old temple, but in good condition. Candles were lit in front of the entrance, Buddha sitting outside as a stone figure, guarding the tall wooden door.

Her eyes teared up once again, mixing with the raindrops.

"Hello there sweetheart..." a low voice growled, coming from behind a tree. A small figure stepped forward, scaring her and making her stumble backwards. He googled at her with his only eye, smirking wide and showing his black teeth. He had an ominous aura around him, the smell of sulphur and charcoal filled her nose. The rain dripping on his body immediately steamed up and she could also feel heat radiating from him. His stares grew more intense, making her hairs on her body stand up in fear.

"J-jogo..." she whimpered.

"Finally, I managed-", without hesitation, she charged down the stairs, stumbling and almost falling, but she managed to keep her balance. The monster behind her roared out of anger, bolting after her.

She knew who he was, he has seen him from time to time, showing up in endless reports and many elders have spoken of him. She also knew, in absolutely no way she would survive a second staying near this thing.

Suddenly, she felt her foot slip from the ground, probably because of the wet moss on the floor. In panic, she tried to regain her balance, but couldn't and tumbled down a stair after stair. She arrived the end of the long stairway, her head hitting the bottom hard and her ears ringing loudly. She huffed, trying to crawl away with all the strength she still had in her.

Her head seemed like it would explode at any given moment, her heart pounding as if it wanted to escape out of her body. She felt like vomiting but gulped down and continued moving further.

Suddenly, there was a loud thud, and a piercing pain ran up her leg through her body. She screamed and wailed out in pain, trying to get the pain to stop, but the demon only snickered in amusement.

"How did you like that?" Another giggle went through the air. Jogo seemed awfully amused, pressing his foot down harder onto the leg of her.

At this point, the pain was so overwhelming, it almost numbed her perceiving. She felt darkness crawl over her and her eyes fell shut.

'This must be it then. This is the place I shall go to now.'