Summer '09

PROLOGUE

Jordan's POV

If he doesn't stop looking over at me that way I'm literally gonna have to jump across the room and, well. Do dirty things to him. Something about the gleam of innocence in his eyes and the fact that he doesn't realize what he's doing to me makes it all the more arousing. Maybe it's something about the fact that he's unattainable or that we're still in a class room waiting for the bell to let us out for the summer, that makes him so appealing. But I can't have him, he'd never be into me. That doesn't mean I can't try.

As the bell rings and the teacher's words finally stop pouring out of her mouth, we all grab our shit and bolt for the door. In a split second I find his dark brown mini quiff and toned biceps in the little crowd of a class we have.

"Liam!" I call after him.

Shit. We've never talked. He doesn't know me. Do I pretend I didn't say it? He spins around quickly and skims over the sea of people. His milk chocolate irises meet my own. Frozen in place, my feet refuse to work. He comes slowly closer to me from the other side of the room, with a puzzled look on his face.

"Yeh?" His English accent a worse turn on than anything else.

"Um, um," I stammer, "would you um."

Shit what do I ask?

"Would you sign my yearbook?"

Wow, fucking genius. Not.

"Sure," he coolly smiles at me.

Reaching for a pen in his back pocket he makes eye contact again.

"I kinda need to see your yearbook if you want me to sign it," he smirks.

"Oh!" I exclaim, and unclasp my hands from the thin little plastic memoir of my shitty high school years so far.

As he scribbles something down I watch his plump muscles contract and his beautiful full lips purse in concentration. He even makes writing a small note sexy.

"There ya go," he beams at me with squinty eyes and a crinkled nose, as he hands me back the book.

Instead of looking, I shove it into my bag and nod a sheepish smile at Liam.

"Thanks, see ya 'round."

"Will do, bye-a," he says, and begins his exit from the room. As soon as he's out of the door frame I breathe out all of the air I'd been holding in. I speed walk out of the hell hole of a classroom straight to my locker, carefully avoiding any kids left in the school.

I unzip my bag and pull out the book, opening it to the page he signed.

"Jordan,

Have a really great summer, text me yeh? xx Liam."

His number is jotted below in his curvy handwriting.

Did that just happen?