X Chapter 1, Sephy

I was furious, my father gave me an impossible decision, my baby's life, or Callum, the man I love. How was I supposed to choose? I know that in the future, I could have more children, when I'm ready. But what about the baby, could I live with the guilt? The hate from society would be terrible, imagine, a mixed child, with the daughter of the president and a Nought? I hate everything about this, but I can't just give up on the baby? But what about Callum, the pain I would go through not being with him. The heartbreak, even now my heart feels strained, in pain. I cant take this anymore! Would Callum hate me if I got the abortion. I wish I could speak to him. 

I pace around the room, desperately trying to think, the morals of this situation were completely torn, this was impossible! Why is life like this, so unfair, just because of the colour of out skin! I don't understand how my father can be so cruel, how people can be so cruel!

I sit against the wall, tears rolling down my cheeks, when I hear a light nock at my bedroom door.

"Who is it?" I choke out through the tears. The door opens a crack and my sister walks in. "What do you want Minnie?"

"I can't bear to see you like this Sephy, I'm worried about you." Said Minerva as she crouched down and put a hand gently on my shoulder.

"Minnie, I don't know what to do, I cant choose, my baby's life, or Callums." I say as I sob as I curl up, knees pressing tightly to my chest.

"Sephy, I think you and I both know what needs to happen, I understand that you will have to live with the guilt, but wouldn't you like to be with Callum again? You can have more opportunities to have a child, maybe when you have you're own house, job, income. Think about it Sephy." Minnie said as she stood up and walked to the door, "Dad is downstairs waiting for you're answer, choose wisely Sephy." And with that Minnie walked out the room.

I sat on the ground, staring at the ceiling, the choice is mine to make, what am I supposed to do! Why has everything turned out like this, I had everything planned, and now this completely changed the course of everything!

I mean, if I get the abortion, my life can continue as planned, I can become a lawyer, fight for Nought rights, but live with the guilt, and still have Callum. But if I don't get the abortion, I'll have to live with the heartbreak of Callums death, and not be able to go to university to get my degree in law, because I would need to take care of the baby. 

I sigh in defeat and stand up, I walk out my bedroom door onto the landing, hand trailing on the banister as I walk down the stairs slowly and down into the living room. Father is sitting, reading the newspaper and Mother is drinking, as per usual.

"Hello Sephy." Father said calmly, too calmly.

I stare him dead in the eyes, my glare full of hatred, anger, resentment, and sadness.

"I've made my decision." I say.