CHAPTER 11

"It is grey which lies between black and white,
But what lies in between death and life are the brown eyes."

~●~

A muscle ticked in my jaw. My breath whooshed out of my lungs to calm. But I couldn't hold it for any longer. A fresh sob escaped from my mouth. You need to hold yourself, Zelda! You need to.

But, I failed. Miserably.

A second later, I made myself sat on the bed. And wiped off the tears. I have to stop this. I kept abusing my lips to a point, where it bleed. It was to be done to control my sobs, but it didn't actually happened like one.

"Why? -Why should I g-get this punishment, God?"
Continuing my statement,  I whispered,

"Do I really deserve this?".

Soon, a knock on my door dodged me from my place. I flinched at the sudden noise.

"Zelda? Are you there, dear? Please have your lunch soon."
My mother verbalized against the door.
Not to bother her to wait for long, I spoke up, ofcourse before harshly wiping off the tears to not let her suspect anything.

"Yeah, mom. I am coming."
___

"I think, I should take a break now."
I dropped my pencil and tried to get a look of the timings.

19:13 pm, it says.

"Oh my! I have been studying for 3 hour straight. Wow."
With this, I grabbed my phone, and opened the youtube section.

The echoes of my laughter occupied the room. It's not have been 5 minutes, I heard someone unlocking my room. Without even knocking. I am sorry, but privacy was never such a thing in my house, atleast for me.
That was my mother. She stepped towards me, her face was not so in any pleasant mood, unlike during the lunch. It was quite fill with inflamed expressions.

"So this is what you were doing since last few hours?"

"What? No mum-"

Without letting me complete the sentence, she seize a hold of my phone. And locked it.

"You are always in the phone Zelda! Why don't you understand study is very important."

"Mum, but I just was scrolling-"

"What you all do other than scrolling and watching shorts? Nothing!"
She said aggressively, that made such a loud scream in my room. Why does she always think me like that?

"Atleast let me compl-"

"I am informing you already, if you score less in your upcoming exams, I won't even let to get a view of this phone. And you would regret that. MARK. MY WORDS. "
She finalized herself, and went out.

And here, I was absolutely disappointed. How could she just assume everything by her own?
There are some sections, where she should let me stand for myself. But no, she always thinks herself as the correct side.
I am really tired of all these.

She is just adding fuel in my sorrows. What I did to deserve all this? Don't I am entitled to get some faith of her?

I wiped my tears and started studying. Again.