Still alone

Deep down the earth, where no one would imagine something other than soil to be, resided one of the greatest, if not the greatest, inventions of all time. The same company that didn't know what to do with the technology they had, were the ones to invent robots with personality and the most prestigious weapon of realities in the moment, the Portal Gun.

Said weapon was thrown on the ground of a giant, round place, near a little bouque of synthetic flowers. Looking at it, was the monstruous robot that doomed this facility, having been put into a robot against her will, GLaDOS was born. A psycopath in true form, not caring about anything, other than it's designed purpose, test... Test... And test.

Her old lab rat was allowed to escape the facility by her. The emotions GLaDOS old self, Caroline, felt allowed her to escape.

But this wasn't the end for her career. She had something much more reliable than any human could be, robots. Two robots she built herself, ready to be tested to death, again and again.

In the moment, they were being. A little round robot with blue eyes just got smashed by a wall with spikes, sending his parts, that weren't squished into cloth, flying everywhere, the oil that ran through his body splashing on it's companion, a taller, eggshaped robot with orange eyes, that didn't seem to mind it that much.

Those two could be destroyed and vaporized, but she could always bring them back, different from humans, that in one fail were gone forever. Yet, even with the best testing equipament, GLaDOS still looked back at this little memorial she made herself.

The mounstruous robot that crawled out of the ceiling didn't understand why she had done this. Caroline was gone, she wasn't supposed to feel, miss or even care, so why?

...

The silence, although is a lack of response, told her enough.

She was alone.

No one to talk about her tests. No one to mock. Nothing, only emptiness and silence in her chamber, or any place of this dead facility.

...

She wondered, how was she doing up there?

How was Chell doing in the surface?

(Author's note: In the original concept of this fic I would remake the song "Still alive" to fit the Still alone theme, but then I remembered why I don't write music and wrote this instead)