17

Moonlight on the River ~ Mac DeMarco

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neverland
A long time ago

In the calm and dark water of the Neverland's sea floated the body of a boy. His name was Baelfire and he had just managed to escape Peter Pan's shadow.

If no one was to find him he would have died, drowning in the sea, but to his luck a light shined on his body as a big ship approached him.

He was pulled out of the water and inside the ship with a rope and he fell with a loud thud on the deck floor.

It took him a while to regain consciousness and as he did he immediately began to spit out some water.

"Good lad. Get the sea out of your lungs", be heard a male voice say.

Baelfire slowly opened his eyes and as he did he looked up to find a man and a woman in front of him.

"Who are you?", he asked them confused.

"The name is Hook, Captain Hook", the man said and then Baelfire moved his gaze to the woman and she smirked before speaking up.

"I'm Evelyn, but you can just call me Captain. Welcome aboard the Jolly Roger, boy", she told him with a smile.

Hook, that's how he was called now, was on the quarter deck, looking at the calm water when he heard footsteps approaching him. He clenched his jaw and looked down as he felt a comforting hand on his bicep.

"Don't worry, we'll get out revenge, Killian", Evelyn assured him with a soft smile. She was the only one he let call him with his real name.

They had arrived in Neverland a few days earlier and things weren't going great. Everything they needed was revenge and they wanted it soon.

"I'm sorry. I've been neglecting us. But I need to make sure that crocodile won't hurt you again", he told her truthfully as he turned to look at her.

"I know, and I also want to make sure he won't hurt you again. We'll find a way", she told him placing her hand on his cheek and he leaned softly on it. They stood there for a while before Mr. Smee approached them.

"Captains", he greeted them and they quickly turned around.

"Mr. Smee, what news of the day's catch? The boy we saved from the sea?", Evelyn asked him.