𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. fears come true

₊‧✩‧₊

Chapter eighteen:
Fears come true

(A/N: I didn't say this in the trigger warning at the beginning of this book, but in this chapter there are mentions of suicidal thoughts. So for that reason, proceed at your own discretion.)

As Mike tried to refill his gun over the sewer, he ended up dropping his ammo bag in the process. "Nice going, Mike," Richie grumbled to himself. That meant they were only left with one shot. One shot to kill It once and for all.

Once Mike had successfully made it down, they all began to walk deeper into the sewers and through the tunnels to find the clown's lair, where they assumed Beverly was.

Josie was hoping her friend was still alive, and that It hadn't already killed her. It would kill Josie too if Beverly had died before they even got to make up.

It didn't take the Losers long to realize someone had vanished from that group; and that person being Stan. "Shit, guys. Where's Stan?" Josie asked out to the entire group, frantically looking around. It was so dark in there, with the only two sources of light being Bill and Eddie's flashlights.

"Stan's gone!" Eddie concluded with as they all started running though the tunnels to look for him.

"Stan? Stanley!" All of the Losers' screams echoed through the tunnels as they still continued to search around for him. But so far they were left with no luck. Josie's stomach started to turn out of fear. She was scared the clown took Stan too.

"Stanley? Where are you?!" she shouted at the top of her lungs as tears started rolling down her eyes. She felt something grab her hand. Startled, she looked over to her left to see that it was Richie. She gave him a quick smile as they continued to run through the sewers.

As the Losers continued to scream Stan's name, they suddenly heard screaming echoing through the tunnels. Josie could decipher those screams from anywhere: they belong to Stanley. And no, they weren't just screams of fear, they were screams of agony.

This made Josie freak out even more, knowing the Pennywise had to have gotten to Stan. She let go of Richie's hand, running even faster towards Stan's screams that continued "Stanley, baby we're coming!" Josie cried. She felt like it was her fault, since she was the one who convinced him to go into Neibolt.

Once they managed to make it to Stan, he was laying in the sewage, as an abstract woman had her face latched onto Stan's. It was surely the woman Stan was telling them about the other day; The woman he was afraid of. Josie almost asked Richie the question 'do you think she looks hot now?', but figured the moment was too serious for that.

"Get off of him you ugly fuck!" Josie screamed, making the woman unlatch herself from Stan's face. She glared at her for a moment, as Richie held onto the back of her shoulders, afraid she was about to do something to his girlfriend. But, she slithered behind the wall, popping her face out once more to reveal her true identity: Pennywise, the dancing clown.

As soon as It was gone for good, the Losers ran towards the Jewish boy, who had bloody teeth marks along his face in a curved line. If they would have found him a second later, then he probably would have been finished. That thought running through Josie's head made her spine quiver.

They tried to grab onto Stan to comfort him, but only for him to scream and thrash around in their grips in response. Josie didn't blame him for one moment for being pissed.