𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐢

chapter two !

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"HEY! LOOK ALIVE! Uncle Jesse's here!" Entering the Tanner house with a bright smile, Jesse stomped his feet to play up his arrival.

His duffel bag was quickly dropped when his two nieces raced to greet him, allowing him barely any time to react before they sprung into his arms and cheered his name. "Uncle Jesse!"

His smile widened as he hugged them both back tightly. Looking to the eldest of the two, he asked, "How you doing, DJ? That tooth come in yet?"

Pulling away from the hug, DJ shook her head. "Nah."

"That's okay; one less to brush." Jesse's smile didn't waver as he moved over to greet his brother-in-law, throwing down his guitar as he walked past the couch. "Danno!"

"Hey, Jesse!" The warmth in Danny's eyes and the wideness of his smile reflected just how happy he was to have his brother-in-law move in with him. "You missed breakfast; where have you been?"

And that single question was all it took for Jesse to start jabbering on about his whereabouts last night. He adjusted his position so that he was leaning against the couch as he began to explain. "Last night, after my gig at the smash club, I go for a cruise on my Harley, right? Next thing I know, I'm in Reno. It was dark - who would have known? Then, I happened to wander into this show, Razzle Dazzle '87 - much better than Razzle Dazzle '86, by the way. And I see this incredible showgirl Vanessa, right? Our eyes meet. Ba-boom, this lightning bolt of passion shoots across the casino. Turns out, Vanessa is on her way to the Philippines to do a Bob Hope special, and is dying for one last night of good old American-"

"Food, food! She was hungry, right?" Danny's sudden interruption was followed by him patting Jesse's shoulder with wide eyes, urging him to acknowledge the presence of the two young girls.

Jesse grinned, "Oh yeah. She was starving. Only we never got a chance to, uh, "eat," because she had to turn her feathers in."

"Great story, Uncle Jesse." DJ praised sarcastically. The amused look on her face contrasted sharply with the look of disdain on Danny's, but before he could reprimand Jesse for his lack of tact, there was a knock on the door.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Winnie's nerves seemed to overcome her excitement as she approached the Tanner household. Her breath caught in her throat, making her feel as if she was choking.

It's okay, she kept reassuring herself, it'll be okay.

She didn't know if any of them would want to see her again. She kept reminding herself that it wasn't as if they had ended things on bad terms. They hadn't. It was just more so the fact that quite a bit of time had passed since she had last spoken to any of them - almost a year to be precise.