Chapter One

CHAPTER ONE

POV of Nina

I see the smirk on his lips and the amusement in his eyes, and I just know. Asher Davis. Will. Not. Beat. Me!

You see, I'm 18, tall, slim, extremely toned for my age, I can use more of my brain then the average person, I'm a champion underground fighter, oh, and I'm a girl.

Ever since I could remember I have been in training to fight, to be able to protect myself in any situation. My older brother Aiden use to be in a gang. Not your drugs, violent or little gang to look cool, no, he was a part of one of the biggest and smartest gangs in the state. The Shepley Brothers, a bikie gang with four brothers, four of our neighbours. I was never involved personally with the gang, but the four brothers and my brother would sometimes ask me about situations and the best plan.

You see, my brain is not normal. I'm not a genius. Well, I kind of am, but I don't like to think so. I mean we can all use 100% of our brain, but not to the way we are supposed to. I can use each part of my brain properly. I can tell when you are lying, if you like or love someone, if you hate someone. I can read a whole science book once, and remember it all. I can play all sports, not that I enjoy too, and I can tell what Asher Davis's next move is going to be.

"Come on Little Minx, I know you think you'll beat me, but sweetie, I am just too strong for you." Asher chuckled.

I forgot to mention, I also don't look like I'm strong, but once I get aggravated, my muscles become on full display. I wear a mask, so no one knows who I am, and I have my tattoos out for the world to see.

I nodded at Asher, "Oh babe, you are so right. Why did I think I could beat such a strong, dark and dangerous man?"

Asher started to laugh and come towards me, I knew from the way his eyes ever so quickly darted to my stomach that, that was his next target. He wanted me to bend over in a quick movement so he can knee me in the head so I'd fall back in a shock. Too bad mate, I'll beat you too it.

I back up acting worried, to me, while I'm in the ring, it's all a game. As his smirk becomes wide I know that's when I need to strike. I run up to him, punched him in the stomach, causing his arms to fly to his stomach to protect it. My knee quickly connected with his head, making him fall to the ground and then punching him in the nose to break it. This man infuriates me! There was no way I was going to let him off easy.

As soon as the bell is rung, I am out of the ring. I hate waiting behind. I hate the attention you get and everyone asking how I did it. I only fight to win the money. It's no fun anymore because I know I can win. This money pays for the bills, rent and the food on our table. The fact is, training and paying a lot of attention will allow you to accomplish a lot of things. Walking out of the place was hard with everyone wanting me to stop a talk. That was until my eyes landed on a dark brown, almost black pair of eyes I have ever seen. The eyes I could never allow myself to forget about. The eyes of the guy I use to be best friends with. Blade Shepley.

POV of Blade

WOW! That all that I could bring myself to say, why did she seem so calm? She just knocked out the Vice President of the most ruthless and violent gang. Asher will not take this lightly when he wakes up. I may be the President of The Shepley Brothers, but he is one guy you do not want to mess with or the President Alistair.

As she came out of the ring I couldn't look away from her. This wasn't the first time I had seen the "Little Minx" fight, she always won. Her fighting skills though looked familiar. I wonder who trained her. As I kept watching I found her bright blue eyes lock onto mine. Her face covered in sweat, though I could only see a little of it since she was still wearing her mask.

The mask never changed, always the same delicate, feminine black lace mask that didn't give much away. She always wore boxing boots, black short shorts and a top that showed off that flat, toned tattooed stomach of hers.

She didn't look any older than 18. Her tattoos were beautiful. She had two guns on her lower stomach and hip region that were pointing down partly covered by her shorts. From what I could see from this distance, she also had a tattoo for a portrait on her upper right arm. This girl was HOT. Girls who can fight, tattooed and dark hair are my type of girls, but this time, I got a different vibe off of her. She felt like home.