we can't be friends (wait for your love)

──────•❥❥❥•────────────
April 6, 2024

I SAT IN THE CHAIR while nervously fiddling with the stuffed bear in the box I was holding.

Actually being here right now makes everything much more realistic, and it's making me question my choices. Am I sure I want to do this?

I looked at the two other people that sat in the room with me to see if they're sharing my nerves, but no. They seemed perfectly fine while I was on edge.

Looking down at the paper I was holding, I put a checkmart in the 'Yes' box.

"Y/N?" One of the workers called out.

"Yes, that's me!" I quickly and quietly said as she was right beside me. I stood up, handed her the clipboard, and followed her into the room.

"Hello miss Y/N, it's very nice to meet you!"

"You too."

"Ok, so just take a seat right there, and I'll take this box for ya." The nurse grabbed the box full of memories out of my hands. I kept my eyes on the brown teddy bear and it looked right back at me.

Turning away from it, I lay down on the chair and they placed a device around my head.

"Alright, now this won't physically hurt at all, but you will most likely be bombarded with all of your previous memories of you and your selected person as the device work on removing them completely from your brain."

I listened closely as she explained the procedure in more detail.

"Ok, if you don't have any questions, we can go ahead and start."

I softly nodded and they started messing with the computers. I closed my eyes as I tried to relax and convince myself that I'm making the right choice. I placed my hand on the necklace that he gave me, the one thing that I wanted to keep. For comfort.

"Alright, three, two, one."
——~
January 16, 2017

I laughed as I dragged Taehyung along with me to the claw machine.

We reached it and I looked around at all of the stuffed animals.

"Alright my love, which one? Cat? Dog? Wolf?" I stared at the adorable stuffed bear and pointed to it.

"That one, the brown bear!"

"Your wish is my command." He put a coin in the slot and tried to get the stuffed bear.

I stood beside him anxiously. This game is always the most stressful.

He was set right above the bear and pressed down on the button.

"YES!" "WOO!" we cheered as the claw picked up the stuffed bear, becoming even more exciting once realizing the bear had a safe trip to the drop box without falling before it could reach it.

"And this is for you." He held out the teddy bear and I grabbed it, hugging it close.

"Why thank you!" I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. He smiled back and pulled me in for another one, only this time it lasted longer.