The Doctor That Changed Her Life.

That Doctor Changed My Life…

Bit of a Twist in this story; She meets Carlisle again – before she jumped off the cliff…and Charles is still around – Little snippet of something that could’ve happened…

When she was a mere sixteen years old, she met him; Doctor C. Cullen. She did though, wonder what the C stood for, something unique she put it down too; he was unique in any way possible. A doctor, she couldn’t easily forget about. He was a handsome man, blond hair, butterscotch eyes; unusual. He was very pale, and very cold. She pulled out the handkerchief he had given her at the hospital.

Since she was married now she tried hard not to think about this wonderful Doctor she had met, nearing a decade ago. But her marriage wasn’t perfect. It was far from perfect; he beat her, abused her, sexually and mentally destroying the kind heart she thought she had. Why did she marry a man who beat her senseless? Why did her parents not believe her pleas that she needs to leave?

Charles beat her so bad; he had to take her to Ashland Hospital. Esme sat with Charles who seemed a bit restless about the fact that they were in a hospital; not that he had hurt his wife. She was hoping, maybe, that her doctor would be here; but she probably knew he wouldn’t be here. Chances were low.

A nurse came and told her the Doctor was ready for her, and lead her into the room, “The doctor is just getting supplies; we’ve told him you’re injuries were extensive. Did someone hurt you?”

Charles interjected, “A war fellow, had a psychotic episode, and attacked my dear wife. I was horrified at the thought that he could do such a thing to my brilliant wife.”

Esme heard the sneer sarcasm roll off his tongue as he easily lied, “Yes, such a sad thing.”

The nurse nodded, “I shall inform the Doctor of what happened.”

Charles nodded and watched her go, “You know it’s better to lie.”

“So it doesn’t ruin your prestigious reputation as a fine gentleman?” sneered Esme. She was preparing for the old bear doctor, who’d be ratty and tired.

They heard the fine light footsteps of two people approaching her door, the nurse walked in first as the other walked past the door. Esme didn’t get enough time to look at the person behind the nurse who walked passed.

“The doctor shall be with you in a few, he has found fewer supplies than he originally thought,” the nurse said.

“What is your name?” asked Esme.

“Oh! How very rude of me! I’m Mrs Merle Cotter,” dearly apologized the nurse.

“What is the doctor’s name?” asked Charles.

“He’ll introduce himself when he gets here, he’s a fully gentleman. He’d not go amiss as I did,” blushed the nurse.

“You’re blushing, is he courting you?” asked Charles to the semi elder lady.

“Oh! No, no, not at all. You see, he’s far too young for me,” spoke Nurse Cotter.

The Doctor entered with his head down, Esme gasped. Blond hair, was it the same.

“Nurse Cotter, would you be so kind to help me with this? So I can take a look at the patient as,” he started to look at the notes to grab her name.

Charles told him, “Mrs Evenson.”

 The Doctor nodded, “Thank you, Mr Evenson. I am Doctor Cullen; I will look after your wife and make her better.”

Esme’s eyes widened, “Doctor C Cullen?”

Doctor Cullen looked up, a familiar face looking back at him, “Yes, that’s me.”