Chapter 1 : Summer Break.

𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:
" Rebel Yell - Billy Idol "
01:23 ─────●─────── 4:50
◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ

🎸

I strummed the strings of my electric guitar quickly, playing a melody that scratched my brain. My pick speedily moved to play different chords, the riff of 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol blasting in my headphones.

"Y/N!" my Mom shouted multiple times, calling for my attention. I took off my headphones and put down my guitar, listening out for her. "Hurry up, you'll be late for school! And I'm not driving you late on your last day!"

"Alright, Jeez! Coming!" I yelled back, swinging my Messenger bag over my shoulder while running out of my bedroom. It was the last day of school, then a whole 6 weeks off. If there's one way I know i'm gonna spend it, it's doing nothing. I deserve to relax after a stressful year.

After making it downstairs, I took a toasted waffle to eat on the way there, following my mom out to her car. I flickered through the radio channels while mom drove out of the garage, Setting it on 'RoadRage' radio with Take Me Away by Peace Cult beginning to blast.

TIME SKIP - 10 MINUTES LATER.

🎸

The car pulled up in front of the school, eventually coming to a stop. Before leaving, I turned to my mom, who stared at me with a pout spread across her face.

"What? What is it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She sighed and shook her head, taking her hands off the wheel.

"You're just... growing up so fast." She fake weeped, wiping a non-existent tear. I groaned and turned to leave, but she quickly cupped my face and kissed my cheek, embarrassing me. "Make good decisions!" She called out as I got out the car.

I quickly spotted my friends; Darcy with her iconic pink dyed hair, Lilith with her extravagant black outfits, Hunter with his drumming sticks constantly tapping on his legs. I made my way over to our small group. "Hey guys." I waved to them, watching as my mom drove off. "Y/N, you'll never guess what!" Darcy turned to me, grabbing my hands excitedly. She spoke too fast for me to understand, so Lilith had to translate.

"We found an abandoned diner-restaurant thingy, it would be perfect for a hangout spot this summer." She interrupted, pulling Darcy away from my face. I nodded, beginning to smile. "Alright, sweet. We'll have to check it out together soon though."

The bell suddenly rang, and everyone started to head inside the school. I followed my group of friends as we all walked to class, talking about our own silly little things.

Before walking into registration, Hunter pulled me aside with a panicked expression on his face. "Y/N, i'm not so sure about this um.. hangout spot. It seems sketchy." He whispered. "I did my research on the restaurant and apparently there was a whole incident there- something to do with kids going missing and shit."

I frowned, glancing away. "Hunter i'm sure it's just some fake rumour some troll spread. We've been looking for a hangout spot for god knows how long, I'm sure everything'll fine there." I replied, patting his shoulder. He still seemed nervous.

"In fact, we can scope it out tomorrow. How does that sound?" I asked, walking into class with him. He nodded in agreement, while exhaling in relief. "Yeah.. okay."

🎸

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I know it's short, but I hope you enjoyed the introduction to your story! Do remember to give constructive criticism.

Just a by the way, you're 15 in this story!