First Interaction

Y/N POV-

As the dark brown doors opened, a figure appeared and it was almost as if your heart had fallen out of your body, as your tooth bit down on your lip. Your body had such an excited reaction that it was almost considered abnormal, as you have never been like this when casually meeting a celebrity of lower status, yet here you were getting goosebumps as she entered.

"Hi!" her voice was slightly higher than you expected, and she so innocently waved to each person in the room, shaking and hugging everyone before your manager grabbed your shoulder.

You glanced at James, but he was smiling at the woman as she trotted over to you. Your heart beating rapidly and your fingers fidgeting with your jewelry.

"Gracie, this is Aleisha Rodwell. Aleisha-" James turned to look at you now. "This is Gracie Abrams, the one you'll be working with."

Gracie extended her hand in a welcoming manner. You interlocked your hands, shaking hers.

"Hi, nice to finally meet you," your media training seemed to take control of you, in the moment you seemed to need it most.

"No, it's a pleasure to meet you finally. I've truly been looking forward to working with you, this means a lot to me, thank you," Gracie holds your hand with both of hers now, while her eyes didn't seem to leave yours, not for even a second, leaving you in a slight nervous state.

Her touch was ever so delicate and soft. You studied her expressions, from her small dimples to her deep entrancing eyes. Everything about her called for you, encapturing your soul. You had never felt this particular way, especially towards a woman, causing you to feel slightly sinful.

"Well I'm glad we can finally get to know each other," you stated before leading her over to the very couch you sat on the night before when arguing with your boyfriend.

Maybe this be a slight reminder of the person that you loved, Nick, the man you had devoted yourself to; or maybe it was just a simple gesture...

The team began discussing the deadline that the song must be achieved by, as special events such as the Grammys were inching closer with each day that slipped away.

You could seem to control your gaze from drifting to the woman next to you. You were in complete and utter awe of her, although she was dressed messily, everything about her was enticing.

Little by little, each person seemed to be disappearing, making their way home. As the final person, Alex (Gracie's manager), said her goodbyes, the door closed, leaving Gracie and yourself in the large room alone.

You stood up, stretching, attempting to crack the strain in your back.

"Leaving already?" Gracie sat in front of you, her eyes almost pleading with you not to go.

"No, just stretching. I'm not going anywhere just here," you declared before walking over to the keyboard.

You sat behind it, feeling your mind become empty with any glimpse of inspiration.

GRACIE'S POV-

Gracie watched as you sat behind the keyboard, wondering your motives behind this, slightly hoping you would play something.

"You going to play something?" She leaned forward, curiosity consuming her.

She watched as you shook your head, disappointment rising within the room.

"Why not?" Gracie wondered, feeling completely intrigued by almost everything you did.

"Just don't have the motivation to sing right now..." you revealed, first time admitting this aloud.