Chapter 1: Dreg

Y/n: In the town of SilverVale there are those gifted with the ability to wield magic. Unfortunately if you're someone who wasn't born with the gift you're looked down on by others.

--

The bell rang as students poured into the hallway. A myriad of voices filled the air as Y/N made his way to his locker. Spinning the lock, he popped it open and began sifting through its contents. Suddenly there was a thud next to him. He knew without looking that it was his friend Skip.

Skip: *yawns* man I'm beat, could these classes be anymore boring?

Y/N:hmmm

Skip: Helloooooo, earth to Y/N. What planet are you on today?

Y/N glanced at his friend amd grinned.

Y/N: Sadly the same one as you.

Skippy gave him a jab to his shoulder causing Y/N to drop his book. In a split second Skip snapped his fingers causing the book to levitate. It floated up and into the locker. Y/N sighed before shutting his locker.

Y/N: You know I could've just picked it up.

Skip: Yea but what's the fun in that. Besides it's what friends do.

Skip and Y/N had been friends since gradeschool. Skip was lucky enough to be born with telekinesis, however Y/N wasn't so lucky. He had no magic in his blood whatsoever. He wasnt blessed with a gift. This caused some problems in their friendship early on. Skip's parents weren't too fond of him hanging around a non magic user or Dreg as some people liked to refer to them as. But over the years they accepted that Y/N was Skip's best friend. So now they were cordial to Y/N. Although he never got to go to Skip's house. It was a balancing act that he unfortunately had to walk. But over the years he got used to it.

Y/N leaned against his locker as Skip kept rambling on about some house party happening this weekend.

Skip: I'm telling you dude, no one's gonna care who you are. This is the first big party where almost everyone is going. There'll be chicks and booze. C'mon it'll be good to blow off some steam.

Y/N: I don't know man. It just seems too good to be true. Especially for someone like me.

Skip: You'll be with me. Nobody will fuck with you I promise.

Y/N sighed. He didn't get to go out much lately, so maybe skip was right. As Skip continued someone caught Y/N's eye. Across the hall he saw a shorter girl with long dark hair.