|6| 𝙰 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚏𝚝

Arriving at Star City this time round didn't feel as welcoming as it usually does. An irredecent green halo illuminated her face, flickering under the streetlamps before dissapearing into darkness. It was weird that the city gave off a green glow, it was not that the city was actually the colour of the earth but rather the atmosphere it embodied. Gotham was the same, only more grey and bleak. A heavy fog seemed to constantly blanket  over the city, leaving it dark and gloomy, dull and depressing. She could probably say the same for Central City too, only they were a lot livelier with a sunset orange ripping through the streets. 

As she turned off the highway, Star City seemed more lifeless than she had ever seen it. A weird ripple of anxiousness thumped in her veins, or maybe it was the hard to miss figure who was sprawled in her back seat. 

"Maybe it's cause you're scared they'll realise how fragmented you are and not even mummy and daddy can piece you back together'' Quiver's voice chided, noting the way Harper seemed to fall silent, clutching onto the steering wheel in hopes it would absorb her anxiety and grant her reprieve. Quiver reclined in the back, her legs propped up on the door as she twirled her dagger in her hand, her yellow eyes sparkling with mirth. Harper shot daggers at her through her rearview mirror.

"I wonder what Dinah and Oliver would think, seeing their perfect daughter crumble before their eyes. Oh what a nailbiter would it be. " Quiver cheered as she sat up against the seat in awe. "Do you know how amazing that would be. The princess of Star City becoming the very thing she sworn to protect her city from. I don't know about you but that's a page turner"

Harper's hands tightened on the wheel, ignoring the way her heart beated impossibly louder and a cold rush of anger washed over her. She heaved a breath as she tried to tune out the woman. "Oh don't go ignoring me now Harper, we're stuck together and mind you, I make brilliant company. Don't you think?" Quiver tittered, placing her hands under her chin in faux innocence.

''What I think, is that I really need you to shut up for one second" Harper snapped as Quiver let out a dramatic sigh as she noted the approaching gates of the Queen's mansion.