🥀

Wooyoung froze in the middle of the hallway.

He was supposed to go to his next class, probably mathematics or physics, he doesn't remember.

But just as he threw his locker closed, his eyes landed on who was probably the most handsome boy he had ever seen.

There he stood, in the sunlight that shone brightly through the huge windows, talking to the principal and beside him, a beautiful middle aged woman.

They had the same smile, Wooyoung remembers.

The same dimples and the just as brightly shining teeth.

His hand combed through his dyed dark red hair and Wooyoung's breath got caught in his throat.

He had never seen anyone this gorgeous before.

He looked like an angel in his white shirt and black pants, and his smile—

The bell ripped him out of his thoughts and just then, he realized he should go or else he would be late again.

The next time he caught a glimpse of that now kind of grown out but still shiny dark red hair and beautiful smile was at a party.

The seniors often threw parties and invited those younger than them to have some fun after their exams.

Once again, Wooyoung was too stunned to move or even proceed to talk to one of his best friends, Hongjoong who was only two years older.

He just stared at the one boy coming through the door and beside him, Seonghwa - also two years older than him but a close friend - helped him orientate through the crowd.

Wooyoung still remembers exactly how they met.

It was summer, a perfectly warm breeze outside and he was just done with their exams and about to graduate from highschool.

It was then that Wooyoung got to know that the other was also two years older than him and when Wooyoung first saw him two years ago, he just got transferred in his last year of highschool. And that his name was San.

He didn't know much, but he knew that he had enough money to buy an expensive car.

Wooyoung got tipsy and San flirted perhaps a bit too well.

One thing led to another and they landed in San's car, listening to old-school music as they sat in the backseat and made out like crazy.

After that night, they often met up.

They went shopping together, went to the cinema and went out to eat together.

They got so close that even Wooyoung's mother considered San her son in law.

Yet, they never got official.

Both were just too scared to lose the other if things got too serious.

So, they stayed what they thought of as friends with benefits.

They made out, fucked and cuddled.

But they never said anything remotely close to what they truly felt.

When Wooyoung turned eighteen a year after they met, they went to a tattoo studio.

It was stupid, really. But they were so happy, so caught in the moment that they just decided to get matching tattoos.

Wooyoung still traces the pattern of their matching rose to this day, wondering if what one of his friends said was true.

Wondering if he really got that tattoo removed.