Chapter 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Does Mabel really have to stay behind?" Dipper whined, taking hold of their mothers hand, his little notebook held on his other hand.

"She has to, Mason" Kristen replied, leading the little boy to the bus depot. The boys luggage was already in the bus's compartment next to Mable's bags.

"Aww" Dipper whined before he set foot in the bus. His mother helping him with the steps.

"Don't worry, dear. She'll be with you next week. You just need to be patient" Kristen smiled at the bus driver before seating Dipper in his seat.

"Don't worry Mrs. Pines, I'll make sure he arrives safely" A girls voice said behind them before she took her seat next to Dipper.

"Sis Althea! You're coming with me?" The child asked, temporarily forgetting what he was whining about.

"That's right little Dipper, I'm going home for the summer and thought why not tag you along, while Mabel works on her summer detention"

Kristen smiled at the two before saying goodbye to them, letting the bus depart from the station.

From the window they could see Mabel, Shermie, and Kristen waving at them. Althea smiled before focusing on the child she was with. Dipper was still looking out the window, even thought they couldn't see his family anymore.

"Want to hear a story?" She whispered as to not disturb the others on the bus. The boy nodded now focusing on his temporary guardian.

The whole trip was spent with Althea doing tricks, telling stories, and playing games with Dipper, until he got tired and fell asleep on her lap.

She made a mental note to wake him when they got close to the sign.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, little Dipper, wake up... Or you'll miss the sign" Althea said, she didn't bother to be respectful with her voice, they were the only ones in the bus.

"Sign...?" Dipper questioned before remembering.

"Sign!" He sat up just in time for them to pass the sign. "Welcome to gravity falls!" He exclaimed looking at Althea with out most happiness before frowning.

"I wish Mabel was here"

Althea gave him a smile patting his head. She didn't give a comment, just saying to get ready to leave the bus.

A little while later and the bus stopped at the bus depot. Dipper ran out the bus, almost running into a tree but Althea grabbed him just in time.

"You're such a handful. Do you know that?" She laughed, carrying him to the bus compartment.

"Thank you" she said to the driver who got their stuff out. The driver tipped his hat before getting in the bus and driving away.

"Uh, hey... Are you perhaps...uh...Althea?" An old man asked, a paper in his hand.

Althea smiled kindly at the man before replying.

"Yes, I am. And I take it you're Stanford Pines" She stated before letting Dipper go.

"You're Grunckle Stan?" He asked looking up at him.

Stan looked down and answered, "that's me kiddo!"

"Sheesh, how old are you again? You're so tiny"

He laughed taking the bags to his truck.

Dipper pouted, crossing his arms before he grumbled.

"I'm six! And I'm not tiny" He protested following the man to the truck.

"Alright, alright. No need for a hissy fit" Stan commented stacking the bags in the trunk.

He looked at the older girl gesturing her to get in.

"I'll drive you to your home, as a thanks for getting Dipper here safely"

Althea took that offer, she took the only luggage she had, which was her backpack to the car and seated next to Dipper.

"You mean you're not staying with us?" Dipper asked, holding onto the girls arm with his two little hands. He was sad as it is having to leave Mabel behind.

Althea gave him a sad smile it would be hard having to explain to an emotional six year old.

"Sorry little one, I can't stay with you. But I'll make sure to visit from time to time"

"That's gotta be a task, from what I heard your family lives a few ways from the town" Stand commented, before focusing on driving.

"Then I'll visit you!" Dipper stated, his pout never leaving his lips.

"You can't little one, my house is way far in the forest for you to travel alone"

Dipper pouted once more, this time his eye brows were scrunched, showing his annoyance.

"We're here... I think?" Stan suddenly said, causing Althea to look out the car.

"Yeah this is the place. You don't need to drive in the woods, I can walk from here"

Dipper gasped, grabbing the girls hand before she stepped out the truck.

"Kid, let her go, she needs to get home" Stan stated, trying to bend his body to reach Dipper in the back seat.

"But..." Dipper whined, tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"How about this, I'll see if my parents are okay having me stay over at where your staying, well if that's okay with you too Mr. Pines" Althea asked, gently taking the boys hands off her.

"Yeah that's fine with me, should we wait for you?"

The girl thought for a moment before she shook her head no. "I may take a while, but if they allowed me, you live in the mystery shack right?"

Stan nodded, getting ready to drive.

"I'll find my way there, possibly by sunset"

Dipper looked more calmer when he heard that.

"Bye Dipper"

"Bye bye" He said waving as the car moved away. Leaving the girl alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
Althea is one of my oc's