Prologue 1

Rafael's POV

"How long till I can see Zlata?"

"13 hours 30 minutes, Novikov Principessa has just boarded her flight from Kuwait"

"Station the guards outside the airport, i plan to welcome the principessa personally before the russians get their filthy hands on her" i sighed loudly.

"also make sure no one touches her, not even a little" the threat that my voice posed cracked clearly in the air,
"get the dungeon ready it's time Zlata comes home for a little visit" i smiled.

Zlata. Zlata. Zlata. Zlata Novikov.

I've known about Zlata's existence since she was fifteen, and i was nineteen. She was merely a kid suffering in some lab in Kuwait, subjected to numerous tortures and experiments, I guess that's where the fate brings you when you're an illegitimate heir of pakhan.

I first saw her when she was nineteen and i was twenty-three, in Russia. It was a mere meeting for alliances which went terribly wrong, one minute we were sitting in Pakhan's board room the other minute it was a shoot out. It was beautiful how russians looked scared for their life specially pakhan, i ducked under the table and enjoyed the show when she entered the room.

It was hard to ignore her existence, i wouldn't even dare to not acknowledge it. Well it would be a shame to see her head blown I thought, considering how foolish she looked to be entering unarmed in the given circumstances.

In a long black abaya, you could barely imagine the outline of her figure but she did look like a snake slithering towards her prey smoothly. Followed by a few men behind her, a look was all it took from Zlata for them to rescue the pakhan.

"Pakhan apologizes for this compromising situation, and will address this soon. For now, we will safely escort you back to your accommodations" the man beside her announced in a thick accent.

"we don't need it we're enough to handle this, you russians need to get your act right" Luca spat at the ground.

The Lackey beside Zlata looked at her cautiously, Zlata just shook her head in negative towards him, he declared defiantly this time, "Ameera Zlata insists" , it might've been worded as a request but it wasn't. Zlata's lifeless eyes swept across the room waiting for any more protests against her order, once satisfied she walked out with her Lackey following behind.

I haven't seen Zlata since then, surely i did know what she was upto in Kuwait. It was my curiosity that made me put people behind her, to report every single move the half Arabic Ameera made.

But it was an obsession that I was breeding in the name of it. It's been 7 years now, I've waited enough.