E M I L Y

We sat in the car, resenting each other. Tyler had a look of hatred in his deep blue eyes, but I knew at the same time, he couldn't help but to not stand the sorrow in mine. The thick air was filled with lingering silence all until we stopped at the lights. He cleared his throat, signalling me to speak up.
"Look, Ty. It's now what you think! Okay?" The first tear trickled down my rosy left cheek. "Well what is it Emily? If its friendship than I would expect you to introduce me, your BOYFRIEND to him. You ignored me all night Em, you should know how much that hurts, to be shut out by the people you love so dearly." This wasn't our first fight, but it seemed different, it seemed like the end of us. "I-I-I'm sorry Tyler. I really am, but you should know how much I respect you... I would NEVER lie to you." Great, he was crying now, as well. "AND WHAT RESPECT HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ME FOR THE PAST..." He looked down at his watch with rage. "...FOR THE PAST 6 HOURS." Gees, I had pissed him off. I don't understand though, for the past few weeks he hasn't made anytime to catch up with me, but as soon as I go to veer away from him for one night he reacts like this. Ugh, now I was mad. "WELL HOW ABOUT YOU THINK ABOUT ME TY. I HAVE BARELY SEEN YOU FOR THE PAST MONTH, BUT YOU ROCK UP AND EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE THE SAME? THINGS CHANGED, AND SO DID YOU!" He looked out the windscreen and took a deep breath as the light turned green. "Don't talk to me, you'll make me crash." I huffed as well and slumped over in my seat. "Hey, hey sit up Em, seriously." I gave him a death stare, but didn't budge. "Em, sit up, now." I just sat there. "EMILY JENNINGS WOULD YOU LISTEN FOR ONCE." That was it... That was the moment when he ran the light, that was the moment when the truck sped through and hit us. That was the moment I was sent flying in my seat and out the window. That was the moment when I thought I was dead.