Prologue: Awakening

New York City. 

12pm midnight….

In a house… On the outskirts… A young woman in her  20's was kneeling, grieving… Before him laid his loved ones… Gone… Her eyes turned purple as the shadows enveloped him…

Her name… Was Ruby Bloodthorne, and she wanted revenge for whoever killed her family…

As she knelt over the bodys, crying as the rain put out the fires around the house… A tall metal man with  short buzz cut black hair with a cobalt blue and yellow uniform with a yellow pvc raincoat. He would see Ruby's clothes look like a shadowy cloak of midnight, as the young woman's eyes were like violet lights. 

"You're going to catch a cold sitting out here like this." The metal man spoke, he had a thick Russian accent; he would take off his coat and place it around Rubius to comfort him. 

"Why…? Why….? Why would anyone…? Do… This…?" Ruby asked, tears were streaming down her face as he felt nothing but grief. The Metal Man would let out a deep sigh as he eyed up the horrific devastation. 

"Humanity has its… Ugly blemishes. But not everyone is capable of such monstrous acts." The metal man replied. "Come with me… I can take you to a safe place." The Metal Man announced, Ruby would simply nod and followed the metal man as the deluge began to drown the area. 

Present day….

Ruby would be busy washing himself in a bathroom, she had long black hair and emerald eyes. She was applying eyeliner in the mirror as he heard a familiar voice only he can hear, it sounded like a woman in her 20's.  

"Ruby, what are we doing again?" The voice asked, Ruby would think for a mere second. "Well Roxane. We have class… Mr Xavier said it would help us. " Ruby replied, as he made sure his clothes were sorted. "Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters eh? I'd never thought I'd end up here. I always thought this place was like Harvard University, but I guess not." She commented, as he got dressed in a black t-shirt, jeans and sneakers.

She would come out of his dormitory and would head off to class, today's subject was controlling your mutant powers. 

The classroom was a room with walls painted sky blue and was made to look like a field. The room was designed to be comforting to the eyes, as Ruby sat with his fellow mutants; she would see a familiar face. The metal man he met a while ago. 

"Ah. I'm glad you are here, Ruby. Come.  Take a seat." The metal man commented. Ruby sat down on a chair next to a lady with long black hair, her slight darker skin hinted to her Asian heritage. She had hazel brown eyes and her make-up was very well done. "Today's class is power control. Since it's everyone's first day. We have dampeners in place to ensure your safety. I will be your teacher for today. You may call me Colossus or Mr Rasputin." He explained, he was wearing a simple tank top, jeans and combat boots. 

Ruby would be nervous about this class,  he has only just found out he was a mutant. He didn't even know what power level he was, but today was the time to find out. 

"Alright.  So.  Before I start giving out pointers on controlling your powers. Each one of you is going to give a small demonstration of your powers." Colossus explained, Ruby would sigh nervously. It didn't help that she stood out like a sore thumb due to her looks. Student after student went before them, until it was the black haired girl's turn. 

As she took the stage. She would make a pair of fox ears and a tail pop out with a puff of smoke. The crowd was rather silent, until a voice piped up. 

"That's it? No laser eyes or fire powers?" A member of the crowd commented, Colossus would roll his eyes at the individual with a slight annoyance

"Mutations come in all shapes and sizes, nothing wrong with being as powerful as Beast." Colossus replied. "He might not be as strong as me, but his intelligence is rather remarkable."  He added, the girl would feel a bit of confidence in herself; before leaving the stage. "Last but not least. Ruby.” Colossus spoke, Ruby would feel her nerves bubble to the surface as she had to show off his mutant abilities. 

As she came to the stage, Ruby would begin to focus as he silently mumbled to herself. 

"Oberon."

Suddenly, a muscle man made from shadows appeared from them as Ruby's eyes turned into a violet glow. 

PICTF

A spitball was shot Ruby's way and without her doing anything. The man caught it and flicked back at the shooter, causing them to hit the wall and leave a dent in it. 

“Oh shit! I'm so sorry.” Ruby exclaimed  in shock as Colossus rubbed his temple, witnessing this incident as he took out a clipboard. 

“Maaaybe keep that shadow man on a leash.” Colossus commented as he soon dismissed the class after that.