Chapter 15

Exiting the airport for the second time in a week, I'm hit with a refreshing breeze of the Miami air. Nadine and I were looking for blacked out Lamborghini Urus. There was only one so it wasn't hard to spot. We made our way and soon, I saw Lando hop out of the car. He meets me as soon as he rounds the car. He picks me up and embraces me. As soon as I'm in his arms, it's like I forgot I was nervous to see him. I look into his beautiful blue eyes, and I can see he wants the same thing I do. We lean in for a kiss, making sure it doesn't last too long.

"God, I've missed you." He smiles as I plan a kiss to his cheek.

"I missed you too." I smirk as he goes round to give Nadine and quick greeting asking how the flight was.

"Was good, thanks for picking us up." She says while lando pops the trunk to load our luggage. He grabs my hand, pulling me towards the passenger side, opening the back door for Nadine and then opening my door for me. I give him a nod to thank him and slid in. Once we're all in, Lando sets off.

My phone buzzed with a text from Nadine. I quickly open it to see what she's said.

From: Nadine
The way he just opened the door for both of us... why is it giving.. king??!
Still short but king..

I let out a snort cause lando to look my way. "What's so funny?" He asks, eyes on the road.

"I think you may be growing on Nadine." I smirk looking back onto her. She shoots me an eye roll.

"The door opening was a nice touch, but don't think too highly of yourself, Norris." She remarks with a smile letting us know she was only halfway being serious.

"Yeah I've come to notice you two come as a package deal." Lando says in a snarky tone making Nadine send him a smirk.

"Food, we need food." I say as I see the streets lined with options. "Please?" I say putting my hands together, giving him big eyes.

"As needy as ever I see." He says, softly shaking his head with a grin. He takes his right hand from the steering wheel and lets it fall to me knee, his thumb softly rubbing circles. I feel my stomach tighten in excitement and I bite my lip. "What would you like?" He asks to the both of us but all I can focus on is his hand squeezing my thigh.

"Take me to chipotle or something, we'll go in to order and we can take it back to the hotel." Nadine answers for the both of us. In the US when we were in university studying at Columbia, chipotle was a go to for us. Lando followed orders and headed towards the nearest chipotle. He had explained that he had booked us a separate hotel because of all the fans outside theirs. Neither of us objected, especially me. I didn't want to creat any unwanted attention for Lando. We headed up to our room straight away, finding a spacious room with 2 full size beds.

Nadine and I sat down to eat and Lando laid back on the bed closest to the window. "So I've never been to an F1 thing, what can we expect?" My best friend calls as Lando scoffs.

"It's not a thing, it's a race." He corrects before continuing. "But there's loads to do throughout the weekend. There will be the racing of course, there are shows, appearances from different celebrities, being down in the paddock, you'll have access to just about everything. You'll be able to be in McLarens garage. There's actually a schedule online. Ez, look it up?" He suggests while I go to look for my phone realizing it's not there.

"Shit." I announce shaking my head. Lando and Nadine turn to look at me. "Can one of you call my phone? I think I may have left it in the car." I say rolling my eyes. Nadine pulls her phone out and dials my number. Nothing. With a groan I get up. "I'll be right back."

I walk down to the desk, handing the valet Landos ticket and explaining the situation. He said he would go check the car so I waited patiently for a couple minutes. The tall lanky blonde holds it up causing me to sigh in relief. "You're a life saver, thank you." I smile.