Suddenly 💜

Suddenly 💜

"Can I trust this sudden feeling of mine?"

Have you ever felt that sudden feeling? That kind of unexpected occurrence?

It will come without even notifying anyone, just like what rain does. Just like that. That sudden. Sometimes in the most unexpected situations in your life.

I never dated anyone. I never commit myself to someone. I never liked anyone.

It was the last year of my high school days when that "love team" came up. I wasn't even aware of how they came up with it but it was started by my friends to tease me.

I ignored it. Just like what I always do. I didn't even pay that much attention to it. For me, it was just a crazy idea, my friends started.

Well, not until that day came. It was just a simple picture. A picture that is a result of teasing which led me to agree.

"Aenna, come closer. Fudge! You guys are so awkward." I just rolled my eyes at Chelle as I took a step closer to Rion.

But it's true. It felt too awkward. I was so uncomfortable and so stiff. Upon taking our picture I felt like it's the longest time I stood for a picture. I was feeling uneasy about the situation. I didn't even know if the picture was okay. I was spacing out the whole time.

That night, on the same day all the pictures were sent to our group chat but there isn't anyone who sent that picture. I was fighting the urge to ask. No. I didn't want to ask. I'll just make a big misunderstanding.

I browsed on my facebook account to see if anyone posted something but I didn't see anything. I sighed and decided to just sleep.

After that day, I don't know what happened but I always find myself observing what he does. He's cold and distant to others, he never even notices that I'm staring at him from afar.

I don't like someone like him. I don't like a guy who never cares about his surroundings and a cold guy like that. It's just that someone like him isn't the type to care or to give attention to others, which I don't like about him.

But something's wrong with me! I always find myself contradicting every single complaint and dislike I have about him.

I never liked someone, yet why do I feel different when I'm around him? He never gave his attention to me. I don't even know if he knew me! He's like that. He barely talks in class, like his words are gold and I don't like that about him.

He's anti-social. He never interacts with others. He's a loner. He's always by himself. And he has all the characteristics I hate about but why do I still feel like this? Do I like him?

Days passed, it was our cheer dance competition. He was one of the boys who held me every time they lifted me. That's the first time we talked to each other.

"Hold me firmly! Yah!" I said and instructed them to put me down first, that they immediately oblige.

"Can't you hold me properly? I'm trying my best to balance myself here but I need support," I said. Aish! Why am I even doing this? It's all Nizz's fault! She convinced me to do this because no one wants to volunteer, as if I wanted to do it. I'm actually scared.

"Aenna, we're holding you properly. It's just Rion who's not supporting you and not holding your waist properly," Darwin said irritatedly. Well who wouldn't get irritated? We already repeated this many times. I'm tired already and I'm sure they are too.

"Rion! Just hold me! It's hard for me too, to balance myself."

"Fine," he coldly answered.

That's the first and last time we spoke to each other that month. Many things have happened. We won the cheer dance competition, and our third periodical test was finally over.