23rd birthday

Nikolai celebrates his birthday alone... or so he thought he would.(early years of Nikolai and Fyodor dating)Happy birthday Niko!!Characters used:Nikolai Gogol, Fyodor DostoyevskyRating: Teen and UpWarnings/tags:Birthday, Fyodor and Nikolai are dating, cake, presents, alcohol (Vodka), kissing
__________________________________________________________________

Nikolai sat in his room with a sigh, laying his head against the wall as he scrolled through 'archive of our own', a site he had found a few days before, which he had been spending most of his time on. He had found it when he was looking for a site to read on.

Nikolai had decided to spend his birthday alone, reading. However the sigh that left his mouth made him feel as if he had made the wrong decision. Maybe he should have told Fyodor about it being his birthday– no. Today is April first, the Russian would think Nikolai was playing a prank on him.

Nikolai watched a message pop up on his phone screen. The notification read as:

Dostoy: Nikolai, are you doing anything today?

Nikolai smiled gently and tapped on the notification, then started to type back.

No, I'm not doing anything today

Isn't today your birthday?

Nikolai paused, how did Fyodor know that?

He hadn't told the Russian man that. Nikolai ignored that factor and wrote back.

I don't really have anyone to celebrate with so I didn't plan on doing anything.

What's your favourite cake flavour?

Uhhh

Why?

Just tell me.

Nikolai sighed and tried to think of one, he quite enjoys cherries however he had a feeling that it would be difficult to fit into a cake so he went simple, not wanting to be too much of a bother.

Vanilla

Okay.

And that was the last thing Nikolai heard from Fyodor. The snowy-haired man stood from his bed and stretched, his arms raising above his head and a small grin forming on his lips as he walked into the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee.

As Nikolai was boiling the water his mind wondered, wondering why Fyodor wanted such a trivial piece of information from him, however as the whistle of the stead blue though the air Nikolai was brought back to what he was doing.

*****

The doorbell rang not even three sips into Nikolais second coffee. The Ukrainian man stood, rolling his eyes, leaving his coffee on the coffee table and walking over to the door. He opened the door, ready to tell off a girl scout or something.

However he was met with his boyfriend.

Nikolai hadn't gotten changed out of his pyjamas yet.

Oh shit–

Fyodor gave him a sweet smile, "Nikolai, happy birthday." He had something hiding behind his back. Fyodor made sure to keep eye contact for a few seconds before looking away and holding out a small, white box with a well wrapped present on top of it.

Nikolai smiles, noticing the vodka sticking out of the man's jacket. Nikolai laughed softly, "how could you manage to do this in a matter of minutes, Dostoy?"

Fyodor gave him a grin with a small flush attached to his cheeks "I might have been planning this."

Nikolai rolled his eyes and stepped aside, allowing the Russian inside. "Come in."

Fyodor walked in and set the items down on the kitchen counter, including the vodka. Nikolai sat down at the kitchen counter, elbows laying on the marbled surface as he laid his hands in his hands. "Are you going to make me dinner too?" He asked, his voice light, having a teasing air to it.

Fyodor laughed softly. "You saw right through me. Piroshki?"

Nikolai's eyes widened and a smile smothered his face "Yes!"

*****

As the night went on Nikolai and Fyodor talked, ate dinner and watched a bit of a movie before Fyodor left the room, turning off the lights on his way out. "I'll be back in a second."

Nikolai raised a brow and paused the movie. "Hurry up, the good part is about to start!"

The sound of Fyodor's laugh filled the apartment, then the smell of fire and the sound of Fyodor singing followed. "Happy birthday to you.."

Nikolais face went red as he turned on the couch and watched as Fyodor carried in a vanilla cake with cherries on it and the numbers 23 on top. "Dostoy!" The white-haired man whined, hiding in his hands from embarrassment as Fyodor started to sing the song in Russian. Once the cake was in front of Nikolai the man sighed and blew out the candles.

"If it touches the bottom you have to kiss the closest guy." Fyodor said with s grin, handing Nikolai a knife. Nikolai hummed, making the first cut.

"Oh no, It looks like I accidently touched the bottom." He whispered out, putting the knife aside and looking at Fyodor. "Looks like I have to kiss you now."

Nikolai moved closer to the other man and wrapped his arms around the Russians neck, pressing his lips against the dark-haired man's lips, in a soft, loving embrace.

*****

Laying in bed now, Nikolai's head on Fyodor's chest he smiled with a soft sigh. "Thank you, Dostoy.."

"For what?"

"Celebrating my birthday with me."

"Any time, Niko."