𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 ᅳ 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

It was a quiet night, not even a breeze cutting through the silence in the California woods. Sage had no idea where exactly they were, what forest they were in or what part of town they were inᅳ and she didn't care.

The only thing that mattered now was that Fawn was six feet under, buried and ready to rot without being able to do any further damage. A sense of calm washed over Sage as she ran her delicate fingers through her blonde hair, completely tangled from workingᅳ after all, a grave doesn't dig itself and Sage wanted to do this with Happy.

As stupid as it sounded, it was something that connected the two even more. A thing only they knew aboutᅳ and Tig.

After much thought, Happy and Sage had decided to call Tig so he could say goodbye to Fawn. Their phones were bombarded with calls anyway. Tig, Jax, Gemma, even her mother, had tried to reach the couple after all relatives were notified that Fawn had escaped from the hospital.

Apparently in such a case the family was informed when a criminal escaped.

The couple consciously decided against telling the others about it. This was their little secretᅳ Tig included. Maybe Sage would tell Dawn about it. Okay, she would definitely tell her sister, they always shared everything.

Happy was the one who thought Jax shouldn't find out about any of this. The SAA felt bad for thinking that way about his Pres, however, after everything he had done to Sage back then and, in Happy's eyes, being complicit in Fawn's actions, Jax deserved to live with the uncertainty if Fawn would ever show up or not.

Part of him just wanted Jax to feel as much anxiety and grief as Sage had to back then and throughout the yearsᅳ it was only fair. And Tig also agreed with this opinion of Happy's and had promised to keep all this between them.

While Tig leaned against his bike with a sleeping Violet in his arms and watched the hole, in which his youngest daughter lay, continue to fill up, he didn't even really try to contain his sadness and at the same time the disgust he felt towards Fawn.

Cradling Violet against his chest, his fingers lightly and without hurting his granddaughter tucked into the blanket in which Violet was wrapped, he sniffed against the slightly pink material, holding back his tears.

He hated feeling sad for someone who had disappointed him so deeply. For someone who had tried to kill his daughter, maybe even hurt his granddaughter. And that someone had been his own daughter. How could he not feel disgusted by this?

His heart ached, but he knew it had to end this way. If not, it would probably be Sage now who would be dead, his mostly innocent daughter.

The blonde often glanced at her father to make sure he was okay. Of course he wasn't and Sage knew thatᅳ but she also knew that she had his full support and he didn't hate her for what she did. At least she hoped so.

Exhausted, Sage pushed the front of the shovel into the dirt next to the grave, breathing heavily and wiping the sweat from her forehead before placing both hands on the handle of the shovel, rolling her head back and forth.

"You should have taken more breaks", Happy grunted after tossing his shovel aside and standing next to his wife, his arm now wrapped around her waist.

"You okay?" He looked down at her with an intense, worried look as she looked up at him with a weak smile, signaling that she was okay.

"I'm fine, Hap", she said firmly, her voice soothing as she leaned against him tiredly, closing her eyes for a moment to bathe her face in the bright moonlight.

In fact, the moon was so bright at this point that they didn't need any other light. They had an inflatable headlight in the trunk just in case, but had never had to use it once. So, this way they were also less conspicuousᅳ although no one would come by here at night anyway.