chapter 8

hours have passed since I ran away and last say Eiso or Eikan. in that time all I've managed to do is wander deeper into the forest or sit under a tree and sulk. I had hoped one of them made it out alive and would come for me but as time ticked by my hope was quickly fading with the sun.

with the number of cuts, and scratches I obtained from running through the jungle. I should consider myself lucky I'm not spasming in the ground while foaming at the mouth but it's hard to stay optimistic when you are so blatantly screwed.

I have nothing, no food, no water, no equipment or weapons, hell I hardly have any clothes. I'm lost, I'm scared and worst of all, I'm alone.

It's so much worse than I thought being alone and Afraid on a alien world. The two brothers may not half talked much but they were far from bad company. They were playful in a way and very curious. they weren't afraid to show their interest in me like I did with them. overall they were quite friendly.

With a deep sigh I looked up to the sky as the light of the sunset started to fade. Soon it will be dark and I will be even more lost and afraid. Should I call out for Eiso or Eikan? they may be looking for me, but so could any other predatory animal. calling out their names in the middle of the forest could mean ringing the dinner bell for any nearby carnivores.

whining I hugged my knees to my chest even tighter. I hate this, I hate feeling so helpless. closing my eyes I sat and waited. darkness fell over the land when I opened my eyes again and finally I saw something Interesting. 

all across my body, on my arms, legs and stomach were glowing markings left behind by the fruit. I looked at my hands and was shocked by the sight. How could I forget about that? Is this what Eikan was doing? painting on me?

truthfully I found the markings beautiful and a smile crept onto my face as I stood up to admire them. I also took notice of all the plant life around me taking on a glow of their own, lighting up the jungle.

somehow the beautiful scenery and Eikans markings made me feel less scared and helpless. taking a deep breath to calm myself I began confidently walking in the direction I was sure the river was. 

if I find the river then maybe just maybe I could find their den and wait for them to return. That would be my best option. 

walking along in the dark, even with the glowing plants to help me was a pain. I could hardly see where I was going and kept stepping on sharp or pointed debri. 

Cursing as a stick poked the underside of my foot, for once I was quite upset that Eiso and Eikan left my boots behind. I never realized just how much I needed them!

huffing I kept walking, taking things slow as I went. suddenly I smelt something sweet in the air that made my senses feel tingly. oddly enough i felt drawn to it and veered off my path slightly to find the source.

as I came upon an open space my foot stepped on something soft and I glanced down to see the ground covered in three large oval shaped spongy pads. 

Each of them connected in the middle of the open space were an interesting stem stuck out of the ground with some large pink glowing bulbs hanging off of it. 

crouching down I touched the weird pad I was on and was pleasantly surprised by how soft it felt. moving closer to the glowing bulbs in the middle i concluded they were the thing excreting the fragrant smell that made my mind a bit foggy. 

reaching out to touch one i found it was quite slimy and left glowing residue on my fingertips. as if controlled by some unknown force my mouth watered and I couldn't stop myself from tasting the good substance on my hand.