- TWENTY-NINE

"stefan went somewhere with elijah willingly?"

THE first two days had been...chaotic, to say the least.

Stefan still hated them all, brooding in his own corner of the car. (Which had quickly become the left rear seat. He did pick behind Klaus, which Eden found interesting.)

Elijah had forced Klaus to stop at the biggest landmarks so Eden could see beautiful things.

Klaus always rolled his eyes, Stefan groaned, but they stopped anyway.

Eden had even found a disposal camera with pictures to take of the road trip, which Stefan grumbled was pointless, but she'd only taken three more photos of him to annoy him further.

So far, Eden had seen the North Carolina zoo — because she loved the zoo and hadn't been in years — Clingman's Dome, which was absolutely stunning, and Eden was trying to convince Klaus to take them to Dollywood.

That one, Elijah said he wouldn't be attending unless literally forced, and Stefan told her he would jump into traffic.

But she had a feeling Klaus wouldn't mind.

"I'm starving," Eden grumbled, sending a text to Harry about James. (He was panicking about how to introduce Teddy to James.) "Can we stop for food?"

"I forgot how much humans eat," Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Not humans," Stefan spoke up. "Eden eats like a trucker."

"That's rude," Eden scoffed. "At least I'm not a blood addict."

"Ouch," Elijah muttered. "Behave, both of you."

"Sure thing, dad," Klaus rolled his eyes. "Eden, what're you in the mood for, love?"

Eden thought for a moment. "I want biscuits and gravy," she spoke finally. "And sausage. And one of those big cups of orange juice. Super American."

"Gross," Stefan muttered.

"Okay, Stefanie, if you have a problem with people eating food, you can very well shove off."

Stefan didn't reply, rolling his eyes when Elijah sent him a mild warning glance. "We'll stop at the next diner," Elijah offered her.

"Sure," Klaus sighed in aggravation. "Not as if we're doing all this for a reason. We'll stop everywhere the happy couple wishes to."