Kiss- RuNak OS

Why was her face so pale? I need to know... it's better to go and ask her directly instead of thinking to myself, Anirudh mused. It quite bothered him to see Jhanak's countenance become so ragged and pale. Despite all the repeated assurances to himself and every other member of his family, he wasn't able to stop worrying about her.

Goddamn it, no Ani...no no no. Stop thinking about her. She is not who you think she is. She hates you, remember? Why are you worrying about her? She said she doesn't need it right? So, STOP IT. Like really, STOP.IT. It's none of your business what she does and doesn't do, you got it? He was talking to himself, pacing back and forth trying to decide between whether to go to her room and confront her or walk the opposite way to his own. However, his other half was not mincing things for him. You know you want to go there and why. Is your ego so important? It countered back. I don't need your advice. ZIP IT dude. Not right now, he retorted. Before he could come out of his mind and realize what happened, his feet had already dragged him through the hallway with her room's door in the view.

Ah, Eff it. I'll go anyways. He braced himself and marched forward, but as soon as he reached and witnessed the scene in front of him, his brain stopped working. Jhanak was wearing a black organza couture saree with a sleeveless blouse, small diamond earrings and a face with lush red tinted red lips.

********************

F*** me. That was all his brain could think. He was completely zoned out and could only hear vaguely what Jhanak was talking about. It seemed she was talking to Appu di. Interested in hearing what she had to say, he struggled to concentrate on her words.

"Appu di, I told you these don't suit me. What need was there for you to ask bade papa to get a saree for me and do all this make up?". Jhanak had her head down cast, adjusting her saree in front of the dresser to make sure it was alright. She didn't see that Appu di was nowhere in sight.

"Appu di? I did all this because you were stubborn. Now tell me if you like it or not. Appu di? Di...?" Jhanak kept questioning a currently nonexistent Appu di. When there was no reply, she slowly raised her head only to see that it was not her Appu di but Ani staring straight through the mirror with a strange glint in his eyes.

"I like it", Anirudh gulped involuntarily and said in a heavy, leaden voice. Wow... A nymph in the flesh. She looks positively ravishing! his head supplied.

Jhanak stilled at the response. She noticed the slight tremor in Anirudh's voice and at once turned to face him. His eyes were still looking beyond the mirror, gleaming. Realizing that her back was uncovered, she wrapped it with her saree not that it helped much.