Chapter#1: Happy Holidays

On Christmas Eve at La Union beach, families were having fun playing games and laughing 😄. Celine watched her family enjoying themselves by the shore 🎤🍻. She felt a bit lonely seeing her older brother and cousins with their partners, and wondered what it would be like to have a boyfriend ❤️.

To keep herself busy, she looked at her phone and saw Andre's post on Facebook 📱. She liked his photo and followed him on Instagram 📸. Two days later, back home, Celine saw a picture of Andre's family on Instagram. She decided to reply to his story and start a conversation 💬.

📆 December 27, 2022 📆

📱Celine: Happy holidays to you and your family! 🎉

Her fingers danced across the screen, a genuine smile gracing her lips as she sent the message. Reconnecting with Andre after so long brought a wave of excitement.

📱Andre: Happy holidays too! 😊

Andre's reply lit up Celine's face, filling her with warmth. It felt like a cozy blanket of nostalgia had wrapped around her.

📱Celine: It's been a while since we caught up! How was your holiday? 🎄

Her curiosity peaked as she awaited Andre's response, eager to hear about his festive adventures.

📱Andre: I spent it with friends, it was an amazing time! And you? 🎁

The enthusiasm in Andre's message was contagious, and Celine couldn't help but feel a surge of energy.

📱Celine: La Union beach with the family! So much fun! ☺️

Her mind drifted to the beach's warmth and laughter, the memories bringing a soft smile to her face.

📱Andre: Sounds awesome! Always nice chatting with a childhood friend. 😄

Andre's words tugged at her heartstrings, reminding her of simpler times and cherished memories.

📱Celine: Definitely! What year are you in college now? 😁

She added a playful emoji, imagining Andre's reaction on the other end.

📱Andre: Second year of civil engineering, but dreamt of being a pilot! HAHA And you? ✈️

The revelation sparked Celine's curiosity, and she couldn't wait to learn more about Andre's aspirations.

📱Celine: I'm currently a 3rd year student nurse training in here! By the way, what led to your move to the States? 🤔

Her curiosity bubbled as she awaited Andre's explanation, intrigued by the twists life had taken.

📱Andre: After my dad left us, my mom met a foreign guy online. They dated for 5 years, got married, and we moved to the US to live with my stepdad. 😅🌍👫

Celine's heart sank at the somber tone of Andre's message, prompting her to respond with empathy.

📱Celine: That must have been really tough for you. 😔

She wished she could offer more than just words, her heart reaching out to comfort Andre.

📱Andre: Heard about your dad, what happened? 😬

The shift in conversation brought a wave of sadness, and Celine took a deep breath before sharing her story.

📱Celine: Pandemic took him last year. It was a tough time for us. 😢