You make everyone disappear

She couldn't remember the last time she was this happy or this proud.

Seeing his big smile and feeling the warmth of his embrace, feeling like they were the only ones in the world, even in a sea of people. One could argue that being in that moment of her career, getting everything and anything she could ever dream of, would be enough to make her this giddy, but she had been on a high before, only to have everything ripped off her in a beat. So she had learned to be cautious and even with everything that was happening, her happiness over her own achievements was always accompanied by the little voice in the back of her mind, warning her to not get too comfortable, that it could change overnight.

But there was just something about him, something that she couldn't pinpoint exactly even if she had been trying to do just that for the past six months, that made her want to put her guard down, and even if it was still hard to just trust someone after all the heartbreak she had been through, Taylor wanted to do it.

For him.

With him.

So there was not a doubt. Not really. When she decided to go down to the field — much to the exasperation of her amazing security guards — and just... be. And seeing the look on his face as he processed the fact that she was there, was enough to put any lingering insecurity to rest. He was happy, genuinely happy, and so was she. Happy for him. And so, so proud.

"I love you," he said, right before bringing their lips together in a quick kiss "so much, it's not even funny" the last part was said against her neck and the feeling of his hot breath brushing over her clammy skin made her tingle in all the right places.

He went back to the locker room soon after and then she was back in the suite, celebrating with their friends, with their family.

"We are Super Bowl bound!" Taylor chanted over and over and, for a brief moment, she wondered if she could actually get high on happiness.

She was already drunk in love, after all.

By the time Travis came to the suite, he was already showered and she waited in the back while he greeted his friends, being congratulated in every step. With her back pressed against a wall and bringing the cup of white wine to her lips, she took him in. He was dressed in all black and he knew what it did to her. The way he towered over everyone, the way his eyes almost closed when he smiled, his beard... Just everything about him.

He spotted her from across the room and the way his eyes swept her form, lingering on the mini skirt she was wearing, had her frozen to the spot. She knew that look, and she was pretty sure she had a very similar one on her face right now. Taylor licked her lips and waited. They were in a room full of people. His parents were there. Rationally, she knew she shouldn't be thinking about his hands or fantasizing about his mouth, but it was easier said than done. Pressing her thighs closer together, she tried to think of anything else, anything but the way his hands felt pressed on her back less than an hour before.

He approached her with ease, his body relaxed, a mischievous smile playing on his lips and a knowing glint in his green eyes "Hey".

"Hey" Taylor could not recognize the huskiness in her own voice and reprimanded herself as she felt the heat coming to her cheeks and setting them ablaze.

Travis smirked and brought his lips to her forehead, swiping the bangs she knew were due for a trim out of the way as he did so. "You know, I have twenty minutes before I have to hop on the team bus," with the lightest of touches, his fingertips make way into the inside of her sweater, sending her a rush of adrenaline into her bloodstream at the feel of him on her bare waist. She knows what he is about to say before he even opens his mouth again "do you want to go to a more private area with me?"